Sunday, October 23, 2011

Kids essays - Part 6 - Origins of Pizza edition

Little known fact about Jinju - it's the site of the original pizza. Mr. Pizza is a chain similar to Pizza Hut in Korea. This was posted up all over facebook last week because Jinju is rarely mentioned in Korean ads etc. It's a pretty funny ad so watch it if you have a few minutes.

I've been that special combination of lazy and really busy that I have perfected. Currently I am writing mid-terms (7 of 9 done!) So that can help explain the lack of recent posts. You're going to have to wait for another few days before you get a good one (rest of lantern festival, Jeff's last weekend in Korea and my bus tour of Seoul are coming soon), so to tide you over, here are a few fun essays.


Lightning is very bright. It looks like a yellow. Thunder is so loud that I become terrified. It sounds like a dinosaur’s footsteps.

I think the best water sport is scuba diving because you can see the undersea world. It is full of mystery things and beyond imagination. (This kid is 8)

Lightening looks like a fast yellow crack in a wall. It the eye all of a sudden passes by in the bird which will do thunder is kicks sound right very big.

I like dolphins because I like them. Haha. Sorry I’m very busy (shorts)(She actually wrote shorts in brackets, that wasn’t my commentary).

When I’m happy I like to eat ice cream and watermelon. It is refreshing on a hot day (he’s 9).

First (my grandfather) told me about when my mother was young. He said she was smart and cute but I don’t think so because my mother is not cute. I like my mother but she isn’t cute.

I don’t have a grandfather here. He went to sky country (?) (She put in the ?) I want to see my grandfather because I don’t think my grandfather’s face. He said me a good speech I think. He gave me many presents!

(In an essay about games) Hangman à speaking English well à get good job à get much money à good for our life.  A video game isn’t good for us and it makes us sick our eyes.

I love Korea. But I usually don’t love Koreans peoples. But Korea is a fantastic country.

Title of essay : Cheese pizza pony cheese

Conversation with a student: Student- Do you have a baby?
Me – No
S – Do you have a 9 year old baby?
M – How old do you think I am?
S – 19

The fat panda became a dragon fighter. He is so cool and handsome. I want to be a kung fu panda because I can be a hero. If I was a girl panda I would marry him.

I really like Jiyun because she has charisma and cute. She can taegundo and swimming too. But sometimes not cute because she’s charisma is very scary because she’s eyes are little be same the fox.

My special place is under the my desk. It is dark. I like to play under the my desk. It is a small place. So I like it.

When I grow up I want to live near the Kyung bok palace because that place doesn’t flood and is beautiful.

(I think this was part of the essay topic, but I don’t assign them, so I’m not sure. Still it was odd to read this first sentence.) I think it is very weird to pretend a pet is like a person.

I think bees are danger because they have a needle.

I think one hundred years ago they didn’t have mini pizza and muffins. So I think our lives are better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment