Wednesday, May 9, 2012

First week home

Sorry the last post (first 24 hours) was kind of a bummer. I don't mean to make any of my family or friends here feel bad. It's just that I really felt like I belonged there. I fit in a way that I don't fit here. I had multiple social circles and my boss thought I was a genius for being me (which, of course he's right, but it's still nice to hear it).

I am already feeling less lonely. It could be because I am getting used to sleeping in a double instead of a twin bed, because I've had a case of Diet Coke, because I've seen some friends and my dog and my mom, because I've talked and/or texted cousins and friends or because it's been a week already.

It still doesn't feel like a week though. I haven't "accomplished" anything or done anything super exciting yet. At this point, I'm sort of deciding that I need a break and that this counts as my vacation. The possibility of going back to Korea is on the table for sure, but I'm just taking it slow and seeing where life takes me.

I will still try to update this blog, at least for awhile, because there are still some older posts I need to write and some pictures that will hopefully come soon to share. Plus, I like writing. Sometimes it lets me focus and pinpoint things that I can't do by talking or just thinking. And of course I know how much you all would miss me!

No comments:

Post a Comment