Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Quick update and kids' essays part 3: skank edition

I know y'all probably think I am a slacker, but really, I'm not. I had some blogger issues, then I've been busy people. I've been gone or doing stuff every weekend (and am going to be gone for the next 2 weeks at least), plus I've been doing stuff during the week - like grading a ton of tests and essays because Claire didn't grade all of hers before she left and I got stuck with them. Plus I said good-bye to Claire last week and went out a couple of times when I normally wouldn't (drinks on Thursday after work and lunch Friday afternoon before class), so I got behind at work. And then I've been doing stuff around her. Plus the new "girl" came in this week. Her name is Caroline and I will tell you more later, but here's what I know so far: she's from England, she has a tongue ring, she used to work in a warehouse, she's 1 meter 95 (roughly 6 foot 4) and the kids think she's a giant, she has diabetes and a boyfriend. The end.

Also, I was planning on posting about Busan with mom, but Liezle has my hard drive with the pictures on it because my camera died this weekend and I used her camera and more on that soon, but, I didn't have any pictures and I know how much everyone likes to see stuff. So I will show you 2 pictures of the cutest restaurant in Jinju, Solemio. It's an Italian place downtown where LeeAnna, Liezle and I had lunch today. It looks like Laura Ashley threw up.



And I will share with you the 3rd edition (at least I think it's the 3rd) of kids essays. Enjoy!

I don’t have anything in my head. I want to be a smart kid and I am trying and trying but I am still a cabbage head.
I’m an eagle the emperor of the sky (written by 2nd grader)
My favorite animal is a monkey because they are my friends.
I can’t hug with cheetah because it is scary. I can’t climb on the cheetah’s back. It’s wild. I’m not friendly with cheetah and cheetah is not a pet.
If I do my homework very hard now I will be a nice person in the future.
I like to play soccer. The first reason is that we run very much so it helps us to diet. Some fat girls are worried about their image. So they diet.
(In an essay about baseball) Women like handsome, wealthy men. Men must be good at sports. In soccer, you need speed, muscles of legs.
Handsome boys use their faces for stealing.
Why do we go to school? Because the school don’t come to our house. That’s a joke.
Another reason students must exercise is to get oxygen. If you stay in a covered up place, you will die because of asphyxia.
The big decision I made was when I was 10. I had 3 dream jobs – spaceman, doctor and lawyer. I asked my dad, he’s a lawyer. He said lawyer was a boring job. I’m glad my dad was a lawyer because when I grow up and become a doctor I can save poor people like Jesus did.
Another reason is that if we don’t exercise we will be slightly bent when we grow up.
(Why cars aren’t good for us): First our very precious environment is polluted. Also the number of fat people increased.
Test question: What does a plumber do?  Answer: He does make plums.
Academy is funny because we do about hangman. Ryan is very funny. Next Claire is funny. Third…nobody.
My teacher is very interesting and a little scary.
The most important room is the kitchen because if we don’t eat we die.
In essays about porcupines v. skunks – other words for skunk – skank(s), spunk, spank, stunks
I like turtles because they are cleans and their back is very hard. A skunk’s fart sounds are loud and the smell is dirty.
Many people say skunks and porcupines aren’t dirty but its fart is very smelly so I don’t like spunk of animal. (I changed the last part to animal smells)
When a tiger sees a porcupine, the porcupine makes their spines hard so the tiger can’t eat it.
I want to complain, “I’m so tired. I have to get up early and go to the computer academy, and go to school and go to W academy and to math academy and go home to do my homework.” I can’t yell because of my M.O.M.M.Y. so I have a lot of stress. I can’t bear it. (This kid is probably 12 years old at the most).

1 comment:

  1. These are hysterical- keep posting! Are you the scary teacher? We never saw any restaurants that looked like that. Looks like it should be in Alpharetta, not Jinju. Too bad I didn't visit a week or two later becuase you have found some great places. Glad you are busy and having fun!

    ReplyDelete