Friday, September 9, 2011

Jinyangho revisited

Today (Friday) one of my good friends, Jesse, left Korea for home. So on Wednesday night a few of us went out to say good-bye. He's a really nice guy and I'm going to miss him.
Me and Jesse at Urban Drink doing the typical Korean photo stance - peace signs
On Thursday morning, I got up and met Liezle and her mom so that we could try, again, to find the park near the lake. This time, we were armed with a map and a guess that it was on the other side of the lake from the zoo. We ended up at the water treatment facility/museum up at the top of the lake on the opposite side from where I went with mom when she was here. The museum was actually nice, but was all in Korean, so it was a waste of our time. The lady at the musuem was really nice and helpful and tried to show us how to get to the park. Here are some pictures from our walk to, around, and in the museum.


Totem poles outside of the Women's Wellbeing Center. We didn't know if it was a hospital or like a community center. 



View of Jinju from above the dam

Inside the water museum

Some type of monument outside of the museum, near the lake. I don't know if it is some tribute to water, or a war memorial because of the people in the statue on the side.
We finally found it and it was pretty lame. It was actually a really nice park for kids, with a skate park and some other jungle gym equipment, but it wasn't what we were expecting. We ended up walking across the street and then following a path next to the river for quite some time. About halfway down the path, I realized where we were and that I had actually been biking down the road parallel to the walking path, but that I just hadn't gone far enough to find the park. The day was really nice when we started out, but the walk next to the river wasn't shaded and it got really hot. The river was teasing us too because it looked really nice and I wanted to jump in. Here are some pictures from our walk next to the river:


There were different types of bridges - this one, one that looked like hopscotch, and a wooden walkway

This guy was doing something with that bag. I don't know if he was trying to catch fish, or collect trash. If you look closely, try to decide if he's picking his teeth, or giving me the finger.

There were lots of wildflowers along the path. These were some of my favorites. Check out my sweet artsy photography.


These are on a tree. I have no idea what they are. The cluster looks kind of like it's all in one "pod" type thing and the berries are about the size of a malt ball. Any ideas?
After our walk, Liezle had to run home to shower and go to school. I had about 2 hours before school, so I took the bus to homeplus to buy some Christmas presents because they had some traditional sales for the Chuseok holiday. That night, I was exhausted and fell asleep almost immediately after getting home.

No comments:

Post a Comment