Thursday, July 11, 2013

Jayden's visit and my second visit to the sauna

Wow this post is old - sorry about that. I've been sort of busy but mainly when I get home from work, I'm tired and don't feel like typing. Since I'm not getting paid to write this, I don't stress out about not doing it!

So you know from my last post that Jayden was in town for a couple of weeks. During that time, we had either lunch, coffee, dinner or some combination of those almost everyday. It worked out really well for him because I don't work during the day and Dallas doesn't work at night, so he always had someone to keep him company. We talked a lot about law school, and my future and things we both want out of life and goals and stuff like that. He's really easy to talk to about that stuff because he's in a similar position as I am and there's no real pressure from him.

On Thursday, I went to the sauna with Kyeung He. The one we went to the first time was closed for yearly maintenance, so we went to another one called Daytime (or something like that). It was much smaller and not nearly as nice. She mentioned to me that everyone was staring at me and asked if I was ok. I basically got used to it after the first few minutes, so I was ok. This place had some cool high pressure water jets that you could sit under. So we did those. The other new experience was that Kyeong He scrubbed my back and I scrubbed hers. This was totally weird and yet not at the same time. She asked if we do this at home and I was like, no. We are very secretive when it comes to bodies. Which is weird because in other ways we're totally out there as a culture. After the sauna, we met Jayden for lunch at a cold noodle place. It was pretty good. Then we had to go to work and Jayden went to study at a coffee shop.

The next week was basically the same. He got really sick on Monday and after dance class I went to check on him. He had been throwing up all night and was dehydrated. So we didn't go out that day, but I sat with him for a little while and made sure he had some water. By Tuesday he was feeling a little better and we met up for coffee and I worked on writing cover letters and wanted to throw my computer on the ground. Thursday was his last day in Jinju and Dallas skipped lunch at school to meet us at a pasta place, then he had to go back and I had my final coffee with Jayden. I will hopefully see him again at some point in our lives. I will definitely keep in touch, but as everyone knows, email, texts and skype aren't the same as being with someone in person - even if it's just for coffee.

I know this post is super choppy and not as detailed as usual, but honestly, I don't feel like writing down every latte I drank and restaurant we went to right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment