Friday, March 11, 2011

The 1 time I don't bring my camera!

I went out last night for a girl's birthday. Claire was in Seoul so she drew me a map of where the bar was and I found my way there. I met a new girl who has been here 2 weeks from South Africa. I met a bunch of people last night who I had seen before but hadn't really talked to yet. It was fun. I left before most people did, but then again I'm old now! They did have $3 beer on draft though, so that was nice. Before I left, I decided I wasn't going to bring my purse because I didn't want to deal with it. I also decided that I wouldn't bring my camera because I couldn't fit it in my pocket without looking lopsided. Bad move on my part. First of all, the bar guys kept taking pictures of me and the other white people. Then this Asian guy named Nick took pictures. But the best part was when they turned off the lights and 2 of the bar tenders did a fire show. They had fire battons (apparently their parents don't mind anything ostentatious), one guy danced inside a ring of fire on the floor, then "swallowed" the fire by outting out the ends of the flaming baton with his mouth, then they blew fire. It was really cool and also totally something that would never happen in the states because of potential lawsuits. I mean they had gas, lit it on fire and were playing with fire around liquor bottles. Still, awesome. One girl got some of it on video and I will try to share it when she uploads it.
Today's lesson: Take the camera everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment