Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Jinju weekend: bars & zoo edition

Friday: Dinner with lots of people:
Last Friday we had dinner at Pasta Buono again, but added about 5 more people. Then we met up with another group at 700 beer for a Korean girl's birthday. We stayed there for awhile and then I went home (along with a small handful of people) while some others went singing. I still have to do that.

Saturday morning: Lunch with Liezle & Cindy:
We had lunch at a different pasta place (Basta Pasta) on Saturday because Cindy was leaving for Thailand and Bali on Sunday (one of the bitches I mentioned in a previous post who has lots of vacation - public schools get at least 2 weeks in summer and winter. So far this summer, I've had a Wednesday). Then we had coffee and sat and talked for a couple of hours. Cindy left to finish packing and to get a bus to the airport.

Saturday afternoon: Zoo with Liezle
After Cindy left us, we tried to figure out something to do. We wanted to find the lake park, but the few people we tried to call for directions either couldn't help us or didn't answer. So we decided to take the bus up to the lake and see if we could find it ourselves. This didn't happen. Plus it was really hot and humid and we were both sweaty just standing at the map near the bus stop. So we decided to go to the zoo. Liezle hadn't been, and I didn't mind going again since it's only $1 (technically free to Jinju residents, but I like giving some extra money to feed these guys...or shave them). It was a good time - not as crowded with kinders as it was when I went with mom and we went into the petting zoo area where a goat tried to test me. It's still a bit sad since the pens are pretty small, but it's not awful. The Moon bears were playful though:



The dog and the lion were at least together on Saturday, although they were not playing. Maybe I'll see it one day.

Meerkats in the "petting" zoo. If you look behind this guy, there is a mom on top of some babies. She hid them before I could get the camera, but they were super tiny.
Saturday night: Bars
Liezle's friend Vera came up and met us on Saturday night at a coffee shop where we went after the zoo and met another friend named Nick. We sat around talking and trying to learn reflexology from Korean GQ (Nick is Korean and tried to teach us the body parts) and then decided to go play pool. We played for awhile and Nick is the only one who is any good (although I won cutthroat - or a version of it) so it lasted awhile. After pool we met up with a big group of foreigners in Wine Bar (the one in the wall in the middle of the stairs in the underground mall) where a bunch of people got really drunk. I didn't. After that, we went to Ruby's (really small dive bar) where people got even drunker. I still didn't. I ended up leaving shortly after 2. I found out the next day that the group went to a noraebang (karoke room) until 6:30, so I was super glad that I decided to leave when I did.

Sunday: Rainy movie day
It was rainy on Sunday and most of my friends were hung over, so I stayed home and watched Thor and Limitless.

Overall weekend assessment: Not bad, but nothing super.

No comments:

Post a Comment