Wednesday, August 17, 2011

July Round Up (well and part of August)

I haven't really done anything super spectacular lately to deserve it's own post, which is part of the reason you haven't been getting any (although yes, I still need to do a Seoul one and one for mudfest - still waiting on pictures for that one). So here are some things that I've done in the last few weeks that weren't really interesting enough to get their own post:

The Jinju Musical Fountain:
There is a fountain pretty close to me that does a colored light show with music. It's pretty cheesy, but it looks really nice and I've been trying to see it for awhile but the hours and days keep changing for some reason. It just to run all summer, then only weekends and now I think it's only on Sunday at 8pm. So here are a couple of pictures and a short video. They had a mix of Korean and American (or English) songs, although I didn't recognize some of the English ones.




Sumsung Buffet - Round 2:
I've talked about Samsung Family Buffet before, but a couple of weeks ago I went with a large crowd (there were 12 of us). I was actually somewhat annoyed at the whole thing because this guy was supposed to make a reservation for us (although it would have only been for 6-8 since that's who was initially invited) but he waited until the last minute (although we repeatedly told him not to) and we ended up waiting for over an hour before we could get seated. Anyhoo, this time I waited in line to get meat and boy was it worth it. It was some of the best steak and mushrooms ever. Plus, it's fun to see him cook it.

They also had some different and new foods to try. The reccomended food this time was not good because it had fish cake hidden inside it, but I did try some other salads that weren't there or I didn't have room for last time. They also had pig cakes, which tasted a little like French toast, but needed to be filled with either syrup or jam because they were a bit dry. Still a fun night especially since some of the people are people I don't hang out with often, but really like being around.

Pig cake

Cindy was amazed with this cheese wheel and asked me to take a picture. Then she got yelled at for holding the spoon like that because it could cut the cheese (hee hee).
Dinner with Cindy:
Two weekends ago Liezle went to Jeju island because she had a few days off of work. So Cindy and I had a girls' night. We went shopping (I bought rock, paper, scissors earrings and a couple of other small things), had dinner at an Italian place (Pasta Buono, where we have since eaten 2 more times) where they have free fountain drinks, although we only saw that as we were leaving, had chocolate patbingsu at a super cute place where they don't speak English but we pointed a lot (plus they gave us an extra scoop for free). They also give you warm toast and whipped cream and you're supposed to spread the cream on the toast. Then we saw Captain America, which we both enjoyed. I like Cindy a lot and it's sometimes fun just to hang out with her alone and not with other people, so it was a very fun night.


Lava Cakes:
Now that I am in summer session, I have earlier hours. One day last week I met up with Cindy and Liezle (who has an early schedule 3 days a week) and had dinner at the gimbap place. After that we went and had lava cakes. This is just what the foreigners call them. On the menu I think it says chocolate fondue pot or something. It's chocolate cake with melty chocolate in the center - basically not cooked all the way through I think. They are very good. We shared 2 and it was more than enough. Sorry the picture is blurry, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment