Monday, March 19, 2012

Games Night - take 5 (or 6?)

For the last few months the church has been having a monthly games night. Three times it's been held at the Lawrence household in Sacheon, and twice (or 3 times) it's been at church. This month we went to the Lawrence's and had a great time. It was a smaller group than usual, but that's sometimes good because then we can all play stuff together instead of totally separating. I played 30 seconds (a South African game similar to Taboo, which I think I've mentioned before) and then Craig and Heather taught us how to play Mexican train dominoes, which was a decent game.
Playing 30 seconds with Joanna, Lance, Madia, Ilani and Jack
Olivia got into some yarn.
Children are flexible. And also distracted by camera flashes.
I spilled hummus (or tabbouleh, not sure which) on myself, but it was totally worth it.
This was one of the best parts of the night. Lance translated the "Dunkin Munchkin" song and it's hilarious.
Other than games night I had a slow weekend. On Friday, Dallas and I had coffee, snacks and then watched a movie at my house (although I made him promise not to judge me based on the mess). Lance joined us for the coffee, but went home afterwards. Saturday was the games night and some catching up on reading.

Sunday I started Korean classes at church. Yes, I am aware that I am leaving in less than 2 months, so this seems like a stupid time to start learning Korean. But, I do want to learn (and hopefully continue practicing) the basic language/reading system and Lance is teaching the class for free so I also want to support him.

Then I met up with Dallas again on Sunday evening for coffee and to show him the difference between fabric softener and detergent (boys!?). He also gave me the rundown of the St. Patrick's booze cruise that many Jinjuites attended. After that it was back to reading.

Today's highlights include my boss showing me the Crossfit butterfly pull-up video, him buying us coffee, and me buying kumquats. All in all, nice low key start to the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment