Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Apartment

I woke up early again this morning, after having coffee (5th cup of the day!) with Anna last night and having one of those soul searching what the heck am I doing kind of talks. I also saw a couple of other friends while we were sitting there.

Dallas stopped off at my apartment around 8:30 to borrow black eyeliner to make a Harry Potter scar for his Halloween costume for school. By that point I had already been up, had breakfast and coffee and started arranging my clothes, suitcases and other random things around the apartment. I finished that up and took pictures for you people. So here you go:

This is the view from my door, standing in the shoe drop area. On the right side is the doorway to my kitchen/laundry room. The door on the left is my bathroom.
This is the view of my bed from the kitchen. You can see the shoe area I mentioned in the bottom left. The basket at the end of the bed has sheets and some cushions that will be used at chairs if anyone comes to visit.

 Not sure if you could see all the colors of my bed in the above picture, so here is a close-up. There is a blue striped fitted sheet, covered by a green and white polka dot Korean sheet thing, then an orange and green thin comforter and lastly the yellow and white flowered top cover. Plus the multiple pillow cases.
 This is the view from standing in the bathroom. My fridge is in the far left corner next to my clothes.

This is my bathroom. It is pink with a window to the alley behind my building. It's high enough up that people shouldn't be able to see in, although there is a balcony with air conditioners where if someone was fixing them they could totally see in. In the bottom left corner you can see 2 hoses. I am not really sure what they are for - maybe cleaning the bathroom? In the right hand corner where you can't really see is the shower. Something you might not see is the sink. That's because there isn't one. I am still getting used to it. There is a faucet with a turn dial to switch from "sink" to shower, but if the "sink" is on, it just falls to the floor. So I've been brushing my teeth etc. in the kitchen, which feels weird, but better than having a wet floor all the time.
This is my kitchen - you can't really see the sink but it's in the corner behind the door. Just like last time, there's no oven. But I do have a microwave on top of my fridge, a toaster oven (that is sitting on the gas burner) and an electric kettle (that is sitting on the washing machine). In the bottom left of the picture is my washing machine. I haven't used it yet, but it could be interesting. There is a drain in the middle of my kitchen floor, so it will a surprise to see if my kitchen floor will flood, or just get damp when I do laundry. I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment