Monday, October 29, 2012

First day back

If you read my last post you know that I didn't get "home" until after 1 on Sunday morning Korean time. Even with my lack of sleep and being exhausted, I still woke up at 7 am Sunday morning and couldn't really fall back asleep. I went out to the corner store and bought shampoo and coffee mix (I forgot how much I missed Maxim - I guess because my mom always had coffee already made in the mornings). I took my Nook with me and attempted to find some internet. I ended up standing near the bus stop and logging on to a food store across the street. I messaged Liezle and Anna on facebook and told them I'd be at a coffee shop around 12 if they wanted to come find me since I didn't have a phone yet.

Then I went back to my apartment, showered, made coffee (I am totally getting an electric kettle when I get home by the way. It boils water in less than a minute and is awesome.) then got back in bed and read for a couple of hours. Then I decided to go to the coffee shop and email people, write on this blog and check to see if the girls messaged me back. They did and they showed up right after 12.

We went to our "usual" spot for lunch and all had soup for lunch. It was sad because I couldn't remember what it was called but we eventually figured it out. After lunch, we went downtown because Anna was looking for souvenirs and also some stationary because she was working on a letter writing project for her classes. This is Anna's last week in Korea and I am so glad that I got to see her (and will hopefully get to see her later this week) before she left. We found some giant bears at a store downtown, then wandered around for a little bit. We ran into 2 other friends of ours there and I said hello. They also introduced me to another Ryan who recently moved to Jinju. The four of us went to a different coffee place (Angel in Us) and sat upstairs in the balcony and people watched while we drank coffee. I seriously need to remember to keep my camera out at all times because some interesting characters walked by.

After coffee we went across the bridge to another area of town and had pork bbq for dinner. It was pretty good. It was kind of funny because at first we were the only people there because we went to dinner at like 5. Liezle had to catch a bus back to Masan because she was trying to get back for another friend's going away dinner (but I don' think she made it) so she left right after dinner. Anna, Ryan and I went to MBC theater and met some other people to watch the new James Bond movie. I enjoyed it even though I've only ever seen 1 other James Bond movie (and it was Pierce Brosnan one). After the movie I went home and read for a bit then fell asleep. It was good day and I was glad that I was able to see Anna and Liezle at the same time before Anna has to go.
The three amigos after dinner
I'll tell you more about my initial feelings about being back in Korea and going to get my ARC in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment