Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Belated valentines post

So I meant to update this on Valentine's day, then forgot that I hadn't. Then was busy, so now you're getting it.

My Valentine's day was pretty tame. Being in another country doesn't make being single on Valentine's day any less sucky. On Wednesday night I met Dallas after work for about 2 minutes. I wanted to make burritos and didn't have cheese and the store was closed. So he offered to meet me halfway and give me some cheese. When I met up with him, he gave me a smiley face balloon and the cheese as my Valentine's Day present. It didn't get much better.

At school a fair amount of kids, especially the younger ones, gave me chocolates. One super cute girl made all the teachers chocolate (basically they melt chocolate and pour it into molds) and little notes.
The heart chocolate I understand. The ghost? Not so much.
I did have delicous
The strangest thing that happened was a random parade. I asked some of my kids and various co-teachers, but none of them came up with the same answer as to why they were doing this. One reason was that it was close to a full moon and they do this a lot. Another was that they went into stores and "swept out bad juju". The last reason was they are just strange people. I heard these guys walk past my house around noon, but this video was taken out of one of the windows in one of our classrooms around 3. The stood on the corner for awhile, then went into that huge store, and I caught them on the way out.

Then that evening was basically uneventful. I'm starting Korean lessons, which I will explain more in a later post, but that was the first night. Only 3 people showed up and one guy talked for a long time and it ended up being more of an interest meeting instead of a lesson. Then I went home and watched 2 episodes of Glee.

1 comment: