Friday, April 5, 2013

Fainting, comics and Barbies...oh my!

On Monday I went with Krista to dance class as usual. After 10 minutes before the end, Krista looked at me slightly strangely and said she had to go to the bathroom. She didn't come back in, so I left and found her sitting on the floor. I asked if she was ok and she said no. She has some sort of nerve/blood vessel something or other condition where she occasionally faints. She's had it since she was 12. Luckily this time she felt some signs and sat down before she actually passed out. I walked her home to make sure she was ok and by the time we got there, she was basically fine. After that, I met with a friend of mine who told me a story of when she almost drowned because she panicked in the water and then she passed out. Luckily a man was close by and rescued her. Still, 2 fainting episodes in one day was enough for me!
Shot of trees and flowers near the river, courtesy of Corinne
On Tuesday Bible study I asked for a prayer request. I had been getting annoyed at some friends for being who they were and not who I wanted them to be. I asked for guidance not to get annoyed, but that even if I was, that I would direct it in a positive way to change me, instead of a negative way towards them. I mentioned it in a facebook post and a few of my friends messaged me to make sure I was ok. I was, but I loved that even though I'm thousands of miles away, these people were able to read through stuff to see that I was upset and to reach out to me. It made me feel loved.

On Wednesday I met Jayden at a coffee shop and he corrected some of my Korean homework. Then we had lunch at the tofu soup place (with new sides, although this time I didn't take a picture because it was only kimchi pancakes that were added). We talked for awhile and then I had to go to work. I really like spending time with him and it stinks that he lives so far away (he's going to school in Australia).
Lovely shot of cherry blossoms because they are pretty
On Thursday I met Corinne in the morning and she took me to a coffee shop on the other side of town. It was filled with all sorts of Barbies and was awesome. It's also super cute because it has these little nooks where you sit with pillows and teddy bears. The lady running the shop was also really nice and speaks a decent amount of English. We were the only 2 people there and I will definetly go back - I just wish it were a bit closer.
Urinal - who doesn't want to pee on a panda?
Here is one of the booths with fringe curtains. We didn't sit in this one because we wanted an open window, but maybe next time I'll sit here so I can feel like a VIP.
Audrey Hepburn Barbies
Scarlett and Rhett
Wall o'Barbies
Lord of the Rings
Me and my coffee buddy
Me and my latte
After coffee we went to lunch and talked some more. I love talking to Corinne because we always end up getting into random discussions. Today we talked about body image, thighs and body hair amongst other things. We met really early since the cafe is on the other side of town, so we still had over an hour before school started.
It still drives me crazy that they upload here sideways. This is dolset (stone bowl) beef bibimbap.
She went home and I went to a coffee shop and studied for my Korean class. That night 2 students didn't show up and one other was late, so my teacher had me read some websites in Korean while we waited. Then we got a new book - a comic book from the 60s - to practice reading, pronunciation and to learn about Korean culture. We learned a jump rope song.

I know that's kind of an abrupt end, but it's late and I'm going away this weekend so I wanted to upload a post before I went to bed, so I'll add Friday into my weekend post, although nothing super special happened. Hope y'all have wonderful weekends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment