Sunday, April 21, 2013

Routine week with bonus free stuff!

I totally didn't realize that I hadn't posted about last week - whoopsie! I keep saying this but don't really get all that better at it do I?

Most of it was a typical week - Monday was dance with Krista, then a lesson where my student gave me some bread things and quick dinner with Dallas.
Sesame seed breads - these had some kind of paste on the inside and were really good
Tuesday was Bible study, trip to Emart to get some groceries, a nap and nothing extra special at school.

Wednesday was dance class and dinner out because I need time away from school because I get really bored right now since I'm not teaching many classes this week and next. When I came back my boss asked what I ate and I told him kimchi bokimbap (sort of like fried rice) and he was surprised and asked if I liked Korean food. I've been living here for about 2 years now, so yeah. I also wore my hair in a ponytail for the first time on Wednesday and he said that I looked like a totally different person.

Thursday was interesting. I met up with Jamie and Corinne at the Barbie cafe. The owner gave Olivia some ice cream and we decided to sit outside. After maybe 10 minutes, the owner came out and told us that a guy wanted to smoke out there and would it be ok (because Jamie is pregnant). We said we would go inside. When we got settled inside, the owner came over and said the man (who apparently is a doctor nearby) bought us a snack as a thank you for moving. We said we didn't need anything and she said that he had already paid and brought us over brownies and ice cream which were awesome. After coffee I went home and met Dallas for a quick coffee and a quick walk around the block during a break of his.

Coffee and brownies at 11 am
Friday I had lunch with Krista and Kyeong He after dance class. We went to Yummy House and this is the first time I actually ate there (other than toast). We ordered sausage and cheese pork cutlets. They were good, but not the best I've had. Then Dallas came by during a break and sat with us. The owner likes him because he goes there all the time. Kyeong He thinks he's really handsome and tells him so all the time, so I told her she's not allowed to complement him anymore. After lunch we got coffees and she did coffee art on the lattes. Apparently mine was Puss in Boots - do you see it?
My rice was shaped like hearts and stars
I didn't see him at first because the cup was turned. This is right side up though, so you should be able to see him.
I met Dallas for dinner after he went boxing, then went back to school. We didn't leave until after 10:30 which annoyed me a little bit. I'm going to continue the Friday story with my weekend post because Liezle came to town and actually met me soon after I finished work (she took the wrong bus) and that's where I'm starting the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment