Sunday, June 9, 2013

June - wait, what?

How is it June? More than half of my year is up already and that's just nuts. This weekend (and by this weekend I of course mean last weekend - the first weekend in June :)) was kind of uneventful. On Friday I went to Dallas's after work. I don't even remember what we did, so it couldn't have been too amazing.

On Saturday we went to a concert at his school. It started at 10 and lasted until just after noon. I saw a bunch of my students play. The school is separated into classes for ech grade. Meaning, for example, third grade has 8 classes - 3-1, 3-2 etc. Two to three classes were grouped for each performance, then they had a "good" orchestra at the end. The costumes and some of the songs were pretty cute. Some were awful. One interesting thing was that, in general, as soon as their kid was done, the parents would leave instead of staying for everyone. I thought that was kind of nice. I recorded quite a few and uploaded a selection. so for your viewing pleasure: Sound of Music, Titanic (check out the movie playing in the background - they are also wearing sailor hats and the conductor (who is one of the teachers from each class) is in full dress uniform), a dancing teacher, I wanna hold your hand, and one of my 3rd graders classes (she's playing the xylophone).
Kids dressed up as devils in little red capes and horns
This kid with a mullet sat in front of us for most of the concert
After the concert, we met one of my old students from W and her mom bought us coffee. Then we took a bus and tried to go get soup, but it was closed. We didn't end up eating anything at that point, except Dallas got an ice cream from a convenience store. Then we went to Home Plus and did some grocery shopping. I got some tortillas and was very happy about it. Then we decided to get some lunch at Yummy House, which is across the street. I ordered ramen. At some point during the day, I don't really remember when or why at this point, I got sort of pissed at Dallas. After lunch he went home to take a nap and I got a lot of stuff done at my house - laundry, dishes, cleaned some, read, showered and got dressed. Then, before I left to go to his house, I made the mistake of looking at loan stuff. My loan payment date had been switched and because of that, it looked like I had to pay and extra $400 a month. That might not sound like much, but to me it's huge. So by the time I got to his house I was really upset. He hugged me and we talked about it and everything ended up being ok. He was making dinner when I got there and we carried it up to his roof and ate during sunset. It was really nice because the temperature was about perfect and there weren't any bugs or people.
Me on his roof over looking a driving range and the sunset
Dinner - salad, veggies, tofu and kimchi
Us at dinner - with mimosas :)
 After dinner we went to GNU and went to Urban Drink. We had one drink then our friend Tae Seung and some of his friends joined us. We stayed for awhile then tried to go to a club but it was full. On our way to another place, we ran into my friend Mikan and some other people. So we all decided to go to a bar called Miller Time where we split 2 beer towers. It was fun because I like Mikan and hadn't seen her in awhile. We went home around 2 I think. When I got home I called my brother for some reason and he just annoyed me because he would tell me parts of things, but not whole situations. For example, he'd tell me he's studying, but not for what.

On Sunday morning my sister called me. She just got engaged a  few weeks ago and was looking for wedding venues and stressing out about it and needed to vent. I love talking to my sister, but sometimes wish we could just have normal conversations and not only call for super good or bad news. Then again I love knowing that I can call her, or she me, for either of those reasons.

After the phone call, I got ready for church. Then I went to our discussion group meeting. After that I met Dallas and we went shopping for him for a little bit (he bought an ugly shirt) and then we had lunch at Pasta Buono because I wanted their chicken salad. We also split a pizza but it was really greasy. After lunch we went to Jun (a hair salon downtown) and Dallas got his haircut. I like going with him to places like this sometimes because if I'm with him, they also ask my opinion instead of his and it makes me laugh. The lady was really nice and they gave us juice.
They clip the top part of his hair up while they shave the sides and back. I think it's funny.
That evening we brought Catan down to the musical fountain to play until it came on. It never came on, so we decided to just walk after the game ended. It was funny because at one point a man came directly next to us and watched us play, trying to figure out what we were doing. He didn't say anything, but stood there for about 5 minutes or so. As we were walking, we heard meowing and Dallas spent close to 30 minutes locating Hugo (read that story here). When I got home from that, I skyped with my family, who was at my aunt's house for an engagement party for my cousin. My cousin got on and watched me open a box she had sent. It had a little box asking me to be a bridesmaid and a bottle of champagne - which she sent through the mail! We talked for a little while longer, then she had to go back to the party and I had to go to sleep!
Me and Wawa and champagne!
All in all, it was another nice weekend in the 'Ju.

No comments:

Post a Comment