Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Last week

Last week was fairly standard. I went to dance class on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On Monday we did squats and my thighs hurt for 2 days, but it was worth it. On Wednesday I was kind of annoyed because we had a bigger crowd than usual and I was stuck in a back corner and couldn't see what was happening.

On Wednesday I had lunch with my friend Cody at Dal Oasis. It was nice spending some time with him because I haven't seen him in a long time. And usually when I do, it's always with a group of people. He's going to Hawaii (aka home) next week for his summer vacation, so we wanted to chat before he left.

On Thursday I met Kyeong He for lunch and we went to Papiati. The waitress who studied in the states remembered me and asked where Dallas was. I then found out her name is Eun Bi and that her mom owns the restaurant. We ordered a pizza with acorn squash and sweet potato on it. It was good, but not the best I've had there. I do like trying new things though, so I'm glad we did. After pizza, we went to Cafe Bene and used my coupons to get a free cafe latte and a walnut waffle. We talked for about another hour and then she had to leave for school and I caught up on some reading.

I have an adult class on Thursdays and we had a really fun class, talking about dating and doctors and nurses and random relationships and about the husband and boyfriend of my students. I enjoy talking with these two women and I like when we have a class where we can talk the whole time without me having to direct it. I think that really helps their English ability.

On Thursday night I met up with Dallas and we went bowling. My friend Nick was supposed to join us, but he canceled because he was really tired. The very first ball I threw got me a strike, followed by a 9 and a spare. Unfortunately, the game messed up and we had to reset it. Then I threw 4 straight 7s.  So I was pissed. We played 5 games overall and the next day my thumb hurt. I used to throw an 11 pound ball, but I could only throw a 9 or 10 that night, so I need to start lifting weights!

On Friday I went to dance, then met Dallas and we went to e-mart to get salad dressing for a pasta salad that I needed to make for a potluck. Then we went downtown and ate at Hans Deli. He didn't have classes that day because his school was holding a conference of sorts. I had an extra class at school because Woods needed to talk to some parents, but only one student showed up, so I was able to go over some things he had missed earlier in the month. After school, Dallas came over and we watched a little bit of TV. We went to bed early because we needed to get up at 5ish to go on a trip the next day - that is another post that I will try to write tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment