Sunday, July 10, 2011

Birthday bowling

The last few times I've talked with my mom she made the comments that I go out to eat alot and that she's worried I'm becoming an alcoholic. This post will not alleviate any of her fears. I've mentioned before that being here is a lot like college. It's very hard to get together with friends in homes (because we don't have them) or apartments (because most can fit a max of 4 people), so we end up going to bars. Plus, it's often cheaper to eat out here (especially for lunch) than it is to cook. Lunch often costs me less than $4.

So here's this weekend's story. Three of my friends had birthday's this week, so we decided to go to an island on the south coast and sit on a beach for the weekend. These plans fell through for 2 reasons - 1 because the place we wanted to stay is booked until mid-August and 2 - it rained like it was nobody's buisness. Instead, we decided to go bowling.

On Friday I went to Spencer's house (he lives in a castle converted into a kindergarden in the middle of nowhere) and he made us brinner using leftovers from his trip last weekend. A handful of other people were over and we just hung out and watched TV.

On Saturday I met up with Liezle and 2 friends for lunch and then we went and had coffee. 3 other friends met us there and we hung out for a bit. Then 5 of us went back to my place and played drinking games while another group went out to dinner. After they finished dinner we met them at the bowling alley. We bowled for a bit, then went to a bar and hung out. This is where the night ended for me, because I am actually shamed to say that I don't remember it. I won't go into all the details, and I didn't do anything too stupid or embarrassing and I'm fine, but let's just say I'll be taking it easy on the drinking for awhile, even though we'll still end up going to bars to hang out.

Here are a few pictures from the night.

I don't know why I am giving a 3 fingered peace sign, and neither does Kyle (or Rob)

Me and my bowling ball.

Check out my hair - stupid humidity makes it get all weird curly

Saw a girl with these shoes at the coffee shop. They were awesome. I'll bet people's minds get blown when she runs past them.

No comments:

Post a Comment