Monday, July 11, 2011

It's Potty Time

My mom wanted more posts, so you get this.

I've mentioned before how toilets here are different than ones in the US. There are squatters (Korean toilets) and regular (American toilets). There are other things you have to get used to here as well. Korean plumbing isn't the greatest, so people here throw tp into a trash can on the side of the toilet. Luckily I don't have to do that in my house, but that's because I live in a newer building. It's pretty gross. Also, it's a good idea to have tissues or something similar when traveling because lots of places, like bus stations, don't have tp at all. Then there are the ones where there is a giant roll of tp, but it's outside the stalls, close to where you walk in the door. And it's hard to describe the feeling of seeing the dispenser on your way out of the bathroom.

Just to add a touch of class to this post, here's a picture of a Korean toilet in a bar that I've been to more than once. This is a unisex bathroom. There is no outside door, so you literally walk up the stairs into this. The sink is on the floor under the pink towel. In all public (or restaurant) bathrooms, occasionally there is soap. Often it is nasty bar soap. Usually there is an actual towel for hand drying, sometimes you'll get paper towels and it makes me abnormally happy to get them.
I have hit more than 1 dude peeing with that door

This is one of the cleaner ones

No comments:

Post a Comment