Sunday, April 1, 2012

Busan with Dallas and the rest of the weekend

So, it's been so long that I'm not even sure what I should update. I will post some more of the things that happened between my last (worthless) post and this one, but I wanted to actually write this down before I forgot.

This weekend Dallas and I went to Busan. It was my last (although they gave me a bonus free visit for April) armpit thing and he hadn't been there yet. We got up early and caught the 8:30 bus to Busan, hopped on the subway and arrived on time for my 11am appointment.
Cute Korean kids that looked at us for 15 minutes on the subway

Before we made it to the clinic, Dallas had to stop and eat something. We ended up at the Krispie Kreme and I saw these Toblerone donuts and had to take a picture for Holly. I didn't eat one though because the thought kinda made me sick.
Lots of donuts!

Usually I'm in and out of there within 15 minutes (including coffee and bathroom visits). This time they didn't even see me until 11:30, although they put me in the back waiting room so I was separated from Dallas and didn't have anyone to talk to. He was fine because they were showing "Alice in Wonderland" on the TV in the waiting room. Then the ice packs weren't cold enough so my armpits didn't get numb enough so the treatment actually hurt this go round. Next time I will be sure to ask for super cold packs!

After that we had a snack in the department store and walked around and did a little bit of shopping. On our way out we saw this bizarre statue and had to take a picture.
That can't be anything other than a butt right?

Then we headed to Haeundae. It was a nice day but soooo windy. I had a clip for my hair, but it was still all over the place and I looked like a crazy person. We walked along the boardwalk and some lady asked to take Dallas's picture.
Us on the beach - the hair is only slightly crazy here

Then an older man called us over to the foot baths (seen here in summer with mom umm if you scroll a bit). The water was really warm and felt nice.
Dallas and I brought the average age down by about 20 years.
That's what my hair actually looked like all day. The water was really warm and it felt nice to rub your feet on the rocks.
This is the guy who called us over. He and Dallas are now foot friends! (This picture was the old man's idea)
After foot bathing, we walked along the sand for a bit, then up the same path I did with mom last year to the lighthouse. It was windy the whole way and somewhat crowded. The swing bridge did not make me happy because kids (and Dallas) were jumping on it, so I just ran.
Dallas on the beach

Over looking the beach. Dallas made me go on the rocks, then he slipped. He was fine.

After the park we shared a salad at TGI Fridays then went to Shinsegae Mall which is the largest mall somewhere (one person told me the world but I don't really believe it and also there isn't any info in my guide book about it. Then again it's new.) We went to a book store and walked around then called it a day.
On a giant chair in the lobby where the TGIFs was

Entrance to the mall (which is located directly off the subway)

On the bus ride home we ran into Dan and his girlfriend Mina. It was funny because I had texted Dan earlier to ask where the mall was and he told me he was there, but then we kept missing each other. The bus ride home was funny because the guy drove kind of crazy and we actually popped out of our seats once over a bump.

Later that night we went to a benefit for the Vagina Monologues event at the end of April (it benefits the Jinju YWCA) at Jam Bar. There were jello shots and baked goods for sale and some local people played guitar and then the "Gay Sexxyz" played for around 30 minutes. It was fun but smokey. One funny part was that my friend Josh was showing me where to buy some of the stuff when a guy from out of town stopped us, introduced himself then asked me to introduce my husband (Josh). We just looked at each other and laughed.

Today I went to Korean class, had coffee with some people from class and went to church. I skipped lunch with church because I had told Anna I would have dinner with her later that night. Around 6, Dallas and I met up with Anna and went to Zio Rico's. We all had salads then split a pizza and risotto. Then we went to Wine Bar and were the only people there. Dallas and Anna split a bottle of wine and I had a beer and we had a soul searching session then threw popcorn at each other.
Us outside Zio's

Anna and I in the weird curtained off back room at Wine Bar.

Good times. I went back to Dallas's apartment and graded essays while he did lesson plans. Now I'm writing this. Overall very nice and relaxing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment