Sunday, April 22, 2012

Second to last week in Jinju

Sorry - I can't believe it's been almost 10 days since my last post. Time flies - my Wii tells me that too (it's been 5 days Ryan, you should remember to test yourself everyday - shut it Wii).

Anyway, the main reason I was waiting to post was because I was (and still am) waiting on my friends to post pictures so that I can explain the weekends better.

Where did I leave off? Last weekend in Daegu...ok well part 2 of that story is still in the works due to the aforementioned lack of pictures.

This past week has been odd, but fun. I didn't do anything on Monday because I was really tired from the weekend. I got one box packed with sweaters and stuff to send home. I don't know how I accumulated so much stuff, especially since I haven't really bought any clothes here.

On Tuesday I had dinner at the yogurt chicken salad place with Dallas and Cody. Dallas had never been before and I wanted to make sure I saw Cody before I left. He originally was going to be in Ulsan on the weekend, but luckily his plans changed and he stayed in Jinju. We just had dinner then called it a night.

On Wednesday I met up with Josh, Dallas and Mike and took them to one of my favorite restaurants in Jinju - the dak galbi place. We chatted and ate and chatted some more. Those are some of my favorite guys and everything with them is relaxed and fun and I will miss spending time with them. After dinner (which was spicy because even though I said only put a little in, Dallas was teasing and said a lot and they listened to him) I made the boys go with me to the rock foot path and try it out. It's still hilarious to me that this even exists. They all hated it, but it's a Korean experience (at least that's what I told them).

Thursday was bowling night. We met at our usual time at the kimbap place and 2 new people joined up for dinner, but then didn't bowl. It was crowded when we got there and Dallas and Mike's balls were being used by other people, so Dallas asked if he could use one of the balls along the wall. The man working there gave him a really nice ball and said it was for curving. Dallas's mom sent a care package that got there on Thursday, so we were eating sugar cookies and we gave one to the guy for helping us. Plus everyone there is super nice and we probably would have given him one anyway. Mikey ended up using the ball and got 6 strikes in a row. It was pretty awesome. He still didn't beat John's high score from last week, but it was close at 192. Dallas and I were really tired, so we left after 4 games instead of staying for the 5th.
John, Mike and Dallas have the 3 high scores in our fake league. Ally wishes he were that cool. (And I'm #4!)
Dallas and Mike had a lengthy discussion about calluses 
Mike curving the new ball
On Friday morning I went to school with Dallas. One of my students is one of his students and she asked me to go and visit her. It was fun. He has a giant classroom and you wear slippers instead of shoes inside the school. My student is in 3rd grade which is his first class. On the way to school we stopped at a coffee shop and got coffee and English muffin sandwiches. He has about 40 minutes of prep time before any students show up so we ate and he set up videos etc. for the kids. When the kids got there, Emily (my student) ran over and gave me a hug then ran to her seat. He has 4 tables of 6-8 kids each and just about everyone of them asked if I was his girlfriend. He has a co-teacher for most classes, and this is one of his better co-teachers. This guy basically walks around making sure they are paying attention and not going too crazy. Dallas used me to help show them conversations. The topic was "How are you?" "I'm happy/sad etc." At the end of class they play a game and the kids are nuts! But it's pretty funny. Then Emily ran over to me, hugged me again and another kid came over to talk to me too. Later, when I had her, she told me to come everyday because Dallas picked her while I was there.

Friday night was my last prayer service meeting. I will really miss those meetings. I think they do help me focus my prayers and thoughts and I really really will miss the people that regularly attend - they are my church family and have made my time in Korea extra special. After service I went to a bbq place with Seth and Ilani then went to Dallas's house and watched "Hercules" while he cleaned and did laundry.

The weekend will be another post, that I will try to do later today, but no promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment