Thursday, November 10, 2011

Busy week

Aside from sleeping through Sunday night into Monday afternoon, I have been out every night this week. That is unusual for me. I also wouldn't exactly say that I'm busy, as I don't do anything in the morning and generally sleep until somewhere between noon and 1, go to work, then go out for awhile. Here's what I've been up to:

Monday night after work I met Liezle, Cindy and Keung He at a coffee shop between work and my house. They are all done before me, so they'd been there for about 30 minutes already. We sat and talked and compared weekends for the next hour or so, then all went home where I watched TV and started a biography (of sorts) of Bette Davis that was written by her daughter.

On Tuesday I met Kyle for tea downtown. She really likes going to tea houses and I had never been to one in Jinju, so she took me to this really cute place. I had a chai tea which was really good but spicy (like actually hot spicy, not just chai spices). She had done a temple stay last month and we compared notes. By this point, my thighs had actually stop hurting although my heels still hurt a bit. We drank our tea and chatted for a little over an hour, then caught the last bus home.

On Wednesday I had dinner with Caroline, Gareth and Mikey. We went to kimbap heaven and drove the lady a bit crazy because the guys kept ordering additional rolls of kimbap. I think out table got 6-7 rolls in total. After dinner we were walking to a bar to have a drink, when Gareth suggested we go bowling instead. It had been awhile since the last time I bowled and agreed with him that it sounded fun. We ended up with two lanes and played boys versus girls. Caroline and I won the first round by 1 point. Then Mikey found his groove (turns out he likes to spin the ball, although his gyro is not yet perfected). The boys won that round by a few points. We played a final round which the boys won handily, although Gareth fell on his butt once which was hilarious. Gareth also bowls from his knee which I have never seen anyone do before. As we were leaving, I noted that this was the first time in a long time, probably since I turned 21, that I didn't drink while bowling. I am normally my best 1 beer in, so I challenged them to a rematch sometime soon. Korean bowling alleys (as well as Korean pool halls) don't serve alcohol. You can buy it and bring it in your self (at least at the bowling alleys), but you can't get it there.

Thursday (tonight) I met Liezle, Cindy, Keung He and Bridgett for Bridgett's going away dinner. She was here for only a few months doing her student teaching and leaves next Wednesday to go home and finish her degree. She decided to go to the oven baked chicken place where we split chicken salads. We had a pitcher of beer (about 1 glass each) and some hoduc on the way home. She was a nice girl and I know Cindy will miss having a foreign co-worker. I have a feeling she will be back here at some point.

I am currently typing this waiting until 3 am so that I can do an online CLE. It's going on at 1pm EST, so for me to get credit, I have to log-on at 3am my time. I am usually up until around then (or later) most nights, but for some reason I am really antsy. I think it's because I HAVE to stay up and not because I just am staying up. So far, I've updated my blog (you're reading it now), done a load of laundry (going to hang it up as soon as I'm done here), caught up on a friend's blog (and a few others) and organized my desk (sort of). I also hope to possibly grade some papers and watch some TV shows, but we'll see.

I also have this weekend semi-booked as tomorrow I am going to a prayer meeting for a friend, then out to another friend's birthday dinner, Saturday is game night at a friend's house and Sunday is church as well as a possible trip to Samsung buffet or another place on either Saturday or Sunday. I'll tell you more details next week. I am going to try to update more often because I was looking over my old posts and noticed that they dropped from around 20 a month to 4 a month. I think somewhere between those 2 is probably best. I know a lot of what I used to post about is now routine for me, but I will try to update with new adventures when they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment