Thursday, November 24, 2011

Routine

So these past 3 weeks have fallen into somewhat of a pattern. Monday I met Liezle for lunch and we ran some errands. I now have a pay as you go phone and for the first 3 months, I have to add a minimum of $5 each month. I get a text (in English - sort of) telling me to go to a store within 5 days of the email. It's really fast and easy, but just the fact that I have to do something is annoying.

After lunch I went to Tom and Toms' for coffee. I forgot that during the week they give you a free cookie with a coffee order in the afternoon. While I was grading essays, Jamie and Brandon came in. Monday is their day off and Olivia (their baby) was getting her 6 months shots as a doctor's office around the corner. We sat and talked and I gave Jamie my cookie and headed off to work.

On Tuesday I fasted. At church Brandon asked everyone to fast 1 day this week because of Thanksgiving and how it would be a reminder of how lucky we all are. I went the whole day without a problem (mainly because I slept until 1 then went straight to work) until I got home from work. Luckily I was able to make it until 12 before I ate a snack.

On Wednesday I met up with Liezle, Cindy and Anna (a new girl) at the kimbap place. Liezle wanted to try somewhere new, but we couldn't think of a place that is open that late during the week and still in a semi-convenient location. We just had dinner and then they rushed home so they could get the last bus. It has gotten fairly cold here now, especially when it's windy. I haven't broken out my winter coat yet, but it's close. After I got home I watched the rest of "Holiday Inn". I had to watch it in chunks all week because the download speed was ridiculously slow for some reason.

Tonight I again met up with Gareth and some other people for kimbap (I had soup) and bowling. This time 8 people, including a new guy (well new to me since he's been here for 8 years and is married to a Korean lady), joined. I did ok - we played 4 games and I broke 100 twice and got 96 one time. My third game was awful. I think I should probably use a lighter ball, but Koreans have tiny finger holes in their light bowling balls.

I will try to write more interesting things soon, but lately it's been this routine (which I like) so that's what you get to hear about. Laura took some pictures of us bowling tonight, so I will try to share them once she sends them to me (and/or posts them on facebook).

Also, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at home. This has been the first Thanksgiving in my whole life where I haven't been with at least one member of my immediate family. Luckily I have some pretty decent friends here to ease the pain, but alas, they do not have turnips here, so I'm totally screwed on that. They will be on my list of things to eat once I get home, along with a good sandwich, real cake and a baked potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment