Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Kids essays - Part 7 - Self esteem

Today I met Liezle and we ran some errands and got mufflers (scarves that are one big circle) and I realized that my scarf buying has increased a million fold since moving here. I think I previously owned 2, now I own like 5 (2 were free but still). I also bought these to wear on Saturday for the SEC Championship game (Go Dawgs!)

After buying crap we went to Jun (a hair salon) and Liezle got her hair colored, which took around 90 minutes because they had to redo it because her roots were still lighter than the rest of her hair. After they put the cream on, I got my hair cut. I cut off about 7 inches so it's really short now. Liezle's eyes got really wide when the lady cut the first piece, but it looks good I think. After haircuts we went to lunch and then went to a little stationary/random crap store and I got this card/ornament which made me extremely happy.
Santa doing a typical Korean pose for pictures
 So when I walked into my first class today, the 3 kids gasped and one boy goes, "Teacher your head!". The other comments I got were, "Why did you do that, your other hair was pretty.", "It looks cute." and lots of "ohhs". Only half of the kids have seen it though, so we'll see what happens tomorrow. The kids on Wednesday are more honest in their assessment of me. For example, on Monday I wore one of the aforementioned scarves and one kid goes, "Teacher, your neck looks huge!" So I probably won't wear that one again.

On the subject of kids, here are some recent kids' essays.

It wasn't the words of this essay so much as the drawing of what appears to be boobs  at the bottom
"He could go to beaches and swim or bag rays"

"I use a ball, hand cap and meat." (equipment to play baseball)

"A teen has DNA that effects there body. They think they're never going to die and some DNA effects sexual DNA. But old ones sexual DNA all dies and they are afraid to die. That's the reason why old guys can't learn from young ones."

"Magic is fake because it can only wizard. We are human."

"I believe dragons are real. I don't think dragons live in rivers, but maybe in the sky or a cave. in the future I'll ride a dragon to school."

"Thunder looks like the breath of a giant."

"A model's hat say I'm sale of say I'm beautiful."

"Some people listen to music because we can share our pain with music."

"Kimchi is delicious but the smell is pungent."

"Kimchi would say "Please don't hate me. I help your body!" I am like kimchi because it is very delicious."

"Marie Curie was a great scientist. She lost her husband but she did it."

"Interviewing dead people is crazy but this says "any famous person" so I'm writing about a Korean hero that's dead."

"A friend is my heart."

"Spaghetti look like a bunch of worms with some sauce on them."

Becky in a hooded sweatshirt...with ears. She owns multiple versions of this.

1 comment:

  1. Ryan, the "boob" at the bottom is the last letter of the word "room" - it is a giant elongated 'm' ... don't you speak Korean? geez.

    ReplyDelete