Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bowling League strikes again (see what I did there?)

So we've been keeping up with Thursday night bowling. Two weeks ago Mikey did really well. He bowled his personal best of 160-something and also got 4 strikes in a row.

We've added a couple of people, including English John to the mix. He's a really nice guy and I like him a lot. He's been in Jinju for awhile, but he has a girlfriend, plus he often hangs out with a totally different crowd. I've seen him a bunch in the last few weeks and I'm glad I've sort of ended up in his circle of friends (or that he's entered mine). He's also really good at pretty much all sports - darts, pool, bowling. He's not great, but he's good (and much better than most of us). He's on vacation in China right now. He doesn't have a ticket home because you can't buy boat tickets until you're in China. So, he might not get back to Korea in time for school. I'd be freaking out, but he seems ok with it. Oh well.

Here are 3 random pictures.
This is dried fish cake snack sticks. Gross. But sexy!
We went to a Vietnamese place last week after church. I had pineapple fried rice. The best part is, when you finish eating it (it's less than it look because there is no hole in the pineapple half) they take the pineapple back to the kitchen and slice it up for you. Yum!
This guy was hanging out in front of a restaurant while I was on my way to meet someone. So I took his picture. The grossest part of this is his little leg things. What are those?

No comments:

Post a Comment