Monday, March 25, 2013

Cindy's birthday weekend

This post is going to be a little bit boring compared to usual bday posts. Mainly because of lack of pictures.

On Saturday morning, Dallas and I caught the bus to Daegu. The ride was normal with no problems and we got there around noon. Dallas and I went to Paris Baguette (his favorite place apparently, although I'm not sure why) and ate salads. We went to our usual hotel and dropped our stuff off. Cindy couldn't meet up with us because she had some other things going on, but would meet us later in the evening. So we went downtown and walked around for 2 hours. I wanted some shoes - new sneakers and some cute ones that I can wear with jeans to work and with a dress to a wedding. I didn't find any. But Dallas found a stupid shirt and a black hat that says BOY in neon yellow (and under the brim it says GIRL). It looks ridiculous, but he somehow pulls it off. I need to remember to get a picture of it. He sometimes wants me to curb his spending, so I told him I would approve the hat purchase on the condition that he not buy any more flat brim hats (mainly because I think he looks better in regular hats) and he agreed. Then we got some birthday presents (including a Hello Kitty sandwich maker, cards, lip candles and poop shaped chocolate lollipops).

Then we went back to hotel and Liezle met us there. Dinner was 30 minutes later than we thought, so I put on make up and talked to Liezle while Dallas watched The Fantastic Four. We piled in a cab and went to the restaurant that Cindy picked out - it's a buffet in the basement of a Hotel. There was 1 other girl there and we arrived exactly on time. We waited for about 5 minutes then decided we should go ahead and start eating. The food was ok, but buffets in Korea are kind of wasted on me because I don't eat fish, so all the sushi and half of the other dishes aren't worth anything to me. Luckily this place also includes beer or wine with dinner. The sucky part about that is that you have to go back each time you want a refill and they give small pours. The 3 of us made the trip quite a few times - and I actually drank the dry red and enjoyed it. Then they had a live band who were pretty good - the one guy did a good Michael Jackson impression and another sang "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz and had us (our group was about 15-20 people) sing with him. we bought Cindy a cake, her boyfriend did as well and one of her friends made her a cake, so we had 3 cakes with a million candles on them. Then we sang happy birthday and cake the cakes - all of them were pretty good. I'm so glad Liezle decided to come because I chatted a lot with her during the dinner. It was difficult to hear so I really only talked to the few people around me and occasionally Cindy, who was making rounds to talk to everyone. 
Cindy looking at 3 cakes - the one on your left is white chocolate with lips candles (we got that one), the middle one is similar to angel food cake with strawberries (boyfriend's cake - which I told him to get) and the one on the right was made by a friend (yellow with chocolate icing - very good).
Blowing out the candles!
This was the cake our table got - we couldn't finish it
The three of us decided to leave a bit early and head to the next location which was Houzee - the bar we went to last time. When we got there, we guessed for 10 people and they put us in a booth. Then Dallas ordered us all shots and long islands (which was all I drank there and was enough). Liezle and Dallas get along pretty well and we were having a decent time. They also bond over the fact that they are both close to ten years younger than I am. Jerks.
I don't know how to fix this kind of creepy eye but the red eye remover doesn't work.
Then Cindy and the rest of the people showed up and we had to smush another table in. Someone knew magic and did a bunch of magic tricks, which were actually pretty cool. We stayed there for maybe an hour or so total, then moved onto a dance club called Jeep. It didn't feel like we stayed there long, but it was fun and I kind of wish we had stayed there longer. Then we went to Thursday party and played some darts and chatted with some more people. Then Dallas, Liezle and I went back to the hotel and I got hit really hard by the elevator door. We all fell asleep pretty quickly, but Dallas and I woke up around 8 because I had to pee and he wanted to brush his teeth.
Me, Cindy and Liezle
We got up between 10-11 and showered on Sunday. Then we went to Paris Baguette again for breakfast/lunch/brunch. We were supposed to meet Cindy at a small amusement park, but we were all tired, I wasn't exactly hungover but I wasn't sure how I'd handle a roller coaster and we were all on a budget. So we decided to stay in the downtown area. We got coffee and talked for a long time in the coffee shop. Then we looked for shoes for both me and Liezle. I bought some red and white striped wedges which are really cute but totally impractical. She couldn't find any and I talked Dallas out of some dress shoes that had a fairly high heel. He did buy some weird shorts though. Then he and I got bubble tea and we went to a mall type place that we'd never been in before. Then Liezle had to leave and catch a bus and Dallas and I decided to get pizza. We split a small veggie pizza and salads then we caught our bus home and both fell asleep for probably an hour or so.

We got back to Jinju a little before 8. I told him that Sundays often make me sad, especially ones where I get to see lots of good friends like this one, because I get a big doses of people on Friday and Saturday then go home alone on Sunday. I said it's the same feeling I get after spending a weekend with my family. It's nothing awful, just a tiny pang. We went to emart and got a couple of groceries. Then he asked if I wanted to meet up with him and run. I thought he was kidding. He wasn't. So we met up about 15 minutes later and walked together to the river. Then I held his wallet and pants (which he took off on the side of the road to the delight of some cars at the stoplight) and walked down the trail by the river listening to my Korean homework, while he ran down and back. I saw quite a few little kids, an old man playing golf and a lady walking her cat on a leash. I didn't know how to turn the flash off on my phone or I would have taken a picture. I told Dallas and he said, "You're so cute, not knowing how to work your phone," so I hit him in the shoulder. Then we had a discussion about places that had nice bathrooms, which made him have to go to the bathroom at a gas station. Then we planned on getting tofu soup at the place near my house, but they were closed, so we went to the kimbap place even closer to my house and split soups. The people that work there are super nice and their dog with yellow dyed ears came out to visit for a few minutes.

Then I went home and studied Korean for a bit, caught up on facebook and emails and otherwise got ready for the week. See, I told you it was kind of boring. I had a lot of fun celebrating Cindy's birthday and I love spending time with both Dallas and Liezle, so overall I had a fun weekend. I also just noticed how many times I use the word "then" in my posts. Sorry about that, but it's late and I'm tired so I'm not going to go back and change them to "nexts" or "afters". Maybe in another post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment