Thursday, March 28, 2013

I'm Lazy, yet oddly productive

On Wednesday I had a tough day. I was stressed about some things going on and one of my classes got switched last minute, which throws off my game (I am a planner people!!! It's probably a product of both nature and nurture as I lived off lists since I could read - chores!) and I have a crazy lady day every now and then.

Today was much better. I woke up extra early because I had my house cleaned! I followed another of my mother's tricks and shoved the majority of crap in a bag, then shoved that into the small closet thing I have. So it looked "neat". The real reason I wanted a cleaning person was for my bathroom. It started to look like a frat house's and I really didn't want to clean it. I asked Kyeong He how much it would cost and she said "$40" and I said "sold". She set everything up for me, including buying some supplies (like rubber gloves) and I can't thank her enough.

So back to my day - I woke up and met Dallas for coffee across the street at Yummy House. Then I went to school with him for a bit and ran into 3 of my students. I helped him stuff some plastic Easter eggs for his class, then left to meet Kyeong He and the cleaning lady. When they walked in the house, Kyeong He said it was too clean and that I should have let her clean my house instead, and that she would just call her mom over. That made me feel guilty. Not guilty enough to actually clean myself, mind you, but guilty. The lady apparently felt bad for not having enough to do and wanted to do my laundry (I said no because I don't like other people touching my delicates) and then wanted to cook for me, but I didn't have any food for her to cook with. I told Kyeong He I would go shopping first next time. It was the best $40 I've spent in a long time - she cleaned for close to 4 hours and scrubbed that bathroom!

While she was cleaning, I went back to Yummy House with Kyeong He and treated her to breakfast sandwiches and coffee. We chatted about work, she asked me some English questions and then helped my Korean pronunciation of some homework questions I had. Then we went to Diaso and Emart because I needed to buy a few more things for the Easter egg hunt on Saturday and a church potluck on Sunday (I found Italian dressing and was sooooo happy about it - easy pasta salad!!)

Then I had to meet a girl named Kylie and drop off some egg hunt supplies with her. After that I went to lunch at Paris Baguette and read 2 days worth of Bible readings (I was behind). Then I went back to Yummy House and met Dallas. The ladies there now think I am crazy, but they kind of already thought that because I'm not dating Dallas.

I got a lot done at work today too - caught up in 180, graded lots of essays, chatted with a coworker and studied for Korean class. Class tonight was a little tense because one of the other students argued with my teacher about his teaching style. I of course was uncomfortable because I hate confrontation of any kind - including asked for (he asked if a certain thing was helpful and she said no). It ended ok and then I went home to my nice, clean house and promptly messed it up by throwing pants on a chair and making scrambled eggs for dinner. It's still better than it was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment