Thursday, March 21, 2013

Typical week with some exceptions

This week has been very similar to the last few weeks with a few notable exceptions. On Monday I went to dance by myself because Krista hurt her ankle over the weekend and didn't want to further bother it. Our instructor videoed us by standing in the window ledge - it was very strange and luckily even by videoing from above, I was hidden by other dancers, so hopefully she didn't capture the awkwardness that is me dancing, on video!

On Tuesday we had Bible study then I went to emart and got some groceries then I came home and took a nap. Later that day at school, one of my students gave me this lollipop, so that was fun. I still haven't eaten it yet.
It's pineapple flavored
On Wednesday, Krista's leg was still bothering her so I went alone again. The ladies asked where my partner was so I explained about her ankle. Then we had a little discussion with some random translating. I'm not sure, but possibly one lady called me fat. I don't think so, but it's a possibility. After dance I met Kyeong He and another friend named Min Suk for lunch at the tofu soup place. They ordered for me while I was on the way and I got there just as she was serving it. The sides were almost the same as last time with the addition of a piece of spam surrounded by egg. It was pretty good. Then we went to Cafe Bene for coffee and talked about some weird English grammar. Keyong He is taking a test and one of her questions had the word "ejaculate" meaning "shout out" but both Krista and I laughed/were shocked when she mentioned the word, so we told her not to use it and just say "exclaim". After work I met Dallas for coffee and we made more specific plans for the weekend in Daegu for Cindy's birthday.

On Thursday I went to GNU with Corinne for Bubble Tea. It was a first for me so I was excited when she mentioned wanting to go (it goes along with my wanting to try new things this time around). We rode the bus there, which took about 30 minutes, and chatted about our families and work. Then we each got a tea - I had mango and she had ginger tea. Bubble tea is like a watery smoothie and has tapioca beads at the bottom. These aren't like the pudding, but more like the size of a chick pea and squishy. It was really good.

Explanation of how Bubble Tea is made
My tea - look at the black things on the bottom - those are the tapioca beads
Random Donkey and Puss in Boots outside a DVD rental place while we walked to lunch
Then we walked around trying to find a place to eat and ended up at what we think was a Japanese/Korean fusion type place. I had chicken terrakiy and oodong noodle soup. Corinne had fish flakes and rice and spicy sauce. Then we cabbed home because we were running close to time for school.
Sign on the wall in the restaurant - I didn't have a rice ball or beef on the rice hand.
Thursday had another first for me as well. In my first class, a kid puked. He tried to run out of class and didn't make it and got it all over the door (and a girl sitting in the front row - well really just on her books, but it was still gross). I felt really bad for the kid (and the girl) and the rest of class really was cleaning up the mess and then febreezing the kids - which I thought was kind of funny. After school was Korean class and we learned a little about how to talk about hobbies.

On Friday, Krista was able to come to class and we stayed for the whole thing including some stretching at the end, which we usually skip because we have to get ready to meet people for one thing or another. On the way out I waved goodbye to the instructor and when we got close to the door the whole class shouted, "Ryan bye!". I think they like the fact that we come - we provide extra entertainment for them! Then I went home, did laundry and cleaned up. Then I wrote this and decided to go ahead and post it because I don't know when I will get back online before Sunday. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment