Saturday, March 9, 2013

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

On Wednesday, Krista and I went to class and had just as much fun as we did on Monday (and were just as klutzy). After dancing, we went home and got ready then met back up and Corinne joined us for lunch. Apparently she liked the soup place I took her to earlier, because she wanted to go back. We wanted to try a different soup, but the waitress either didn't hear me or just didn't pay attention because she brought us the same one we had last time. Luckily I like it so it wasn't a big deal. One thing that was funny was that this time we had entirely different side dishes.
Sorry the picture is blurry. From top left: really good seaweed that Krista and I liked, mushrooms, pickled seaweed like Corinne liked, semi-sweet beef, more seaweed, really spicy mandu, clams, new kimchi, kimchi cucumber, purple seaweed (?) They also brought a fish and some orange slices
Another funny thing that happened on Wednesday was my bank card being delivered. I thought they would just mail it, but I had to sign for it and got called out of a class to do it. Then the guy was like your address is wrong but I didn't write it down - it's the one on my arc card and the bank lady wrote it. Later I asked my co-teacher to help me call and activate it, so now I'm all set!

At lunch, Corrine and I made plans to go to a lily pad pond on Thursday. She's been once before and I've seen pictures. This came about because she only has about 2 months left in Korea and both of us have bucket lists. I told her there is so much that I haven't seen in Jinju yet and that was one of the things. We met at 9:30 and took a city bus about 20-30 minutes outside of town to a little town. It's a good thing I trust her because it felt like we were in the middle of nowhere. Then she recognized where we were and we found the pond. I guess it's still too cold for flowers and lily pads, but it was still nice.
Lake - I don't the name
Bridge on the walk around the pond and frog painting
Random Peter Rabbit wall mural
We walked around the lake then went for lunch in a little coffee shop. When she suggested it, she forgot that she's going gluten free and couldn't eat any of the sandwiches, but I had already ordered. So she just had coffee and ate when she went home. It was a nice morning and hopefully we will do something similar soon.
Chair cushions at the cafe - this one is named "Sara".
This one is Naru. I'm guessing they are some sort of Japanese cartoon.
Coffee art and sandwich at Cafe Tospia.
Friday morning I went to dance class again and they gave Krista and I rice cakes. We didn't really want them, but it's rude to refuse things like that here. Then I tried to figure out some of the songs we listen to in class because I want to learn them better so that I can possibly follow along better in class. It didn't really happen. Dallas didn't have school on Friday because it's his school's birthday, so we went downtown and had lunch at a Japanese place. Then we got coffee. On our way back, we stopped in a suit store and he tried one on and really liked it. So he put it on lay-away of sorts. It was funny watching him try it on because the ladies in the store were a trip. He tried on the jacket first and then the one lady just grabbed his hips to size him for pants. When he came out of the dressing "room" they circled around him. I told him the pants made his butt look good and the older lady turned to me, pointed at his butt, looked at me again and said, "up, good". I was like "yup" and then we all laughed. After we left the store, I ran into an old co-worker of mine and chatted while we waited for the bus. Then I went to work.

After work I went home to take out my laundry. I had put it on timer for the first time and needed to see if it worked - it did and I was happy! I met back up with Dallas and we walked to the cinema for a late night showing of "Oz". I'm not sure how I feel about that movie. A couple of parts were really funny or cute and some of the film is really pretty. But a lot of it was dumb. Maybe it's just not what I was expecting. Then we went home and went to sleep because we were planning on going to an island in the morning (which is the next (hopefully) post).

No comments:

Post a Comment