Tuesday, March 12, 2013

New Beginnings

March is often thought of as a time of rebirth (or I'm totally making that up so that my post has a more intellectual feel to it) - spring is on the way, babies are being born, plants are starting to bloom etc. This month starts a wave of beginnings for me too.

Last Monday, Krista and I joined a dance aerobics class. We're going Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It's really fun, but it solidifies that I am uncoordinated. The people there are super nice and one lady in our class speaks decent English and helps us. The first day they made us introduce ourselves and tell how old we were and where we worked. Now they sometimes talk about us, but they always wave and are very friendly. Yesterday they gave us bags of rice cakes, which I brought to work. I will write a more detailed post about this at some point.

On Tuesday, our new Bible study started. This time we are reading the book of Hebrews. I really like doing these because I feel I learn a lot. But it is time intensive because you have to read each chapter multiple times and then usually a commentary or two (and that's if you're not a super good student who cross-references - which I am not). I also enjoy the company of the people in my study group. So again, it's both fun and work (like dance class).

This Saturday, I'm starting pottery lessons with Dallas. They are run by a lady in a local coffee shop. He really wanted to do it and I think it will be fun, even though he didn't get my Ghost reference. The only time we can really go together is on the weekends and she said she will work with us in terms of a schedule.

Also, while these aren't new, they still factor into my life - Korean class (will still write more about this soon), 180 day Bible reading (we are a quarter of the way through), benefits and fundraisers for a play my friends are doing in April (I'm helping to sell baked goods on Thursday) and lunches with friends (I have 2 lined up for the rest of this week and 2 already for next week).

So I've been really busy lately. It's in a good way (for the most part), but I'm starting to get a little stressed and feel like I'm missing something (mainly sleep and TV - I haven't watched a TV show in almost 2 weeks and am behind on all my shows!). I don't see a "do nothing" weekend in the future either. I'm not complaining - all of these (I take that back, most of these) are my decisions and things I really want to do and enjoy. But I sometimes miss sleeping until 1 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment