Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday

On Sunday I went to church as usual. It was Madia's last day and we all said goodbye to her. Usually we go out to eat after, but as I had no money, I didn't go. I also needed to meet up with Kyeong He and Jackie. On the way to meet them I had an unusual thing happen. I was in the middle of an intersection (at one of those sidewalk island things) and a guy rode his bicycle next to me. I turned an smiled, because that's what I do. He hopped off the bike, came in front of me, shook my hand, gave me a hug, then hopped on his bike and rode off. He was a short, older man. It was very bizarre, but in a nice way, not a creepy one.

Jackie, Kyeong He and I met at eMart to attempt to talk to a manager about getting a sponsorship for an upcoming Easter egg hunt that we want to do as a fund raiser. We kind of got the brush off. It was the manager's day off (which makes sense) but they didn't want to give us any of his information, including his name, number or email address. They wouldn't give us a general one either. Jackie left her number and that of a Korean friend, but we still haven't heard back. Then we went to the castle to see if we could use the grounds for the hunt itself. Jackie had a contact there, but Kyeong He also talked to some people. We found out that part of the grounds belong to the museum and part belong to city hall. If we used any of the city hall parts, we would need a permit. Kyeong He called on Monday and they said we'd have to fill out an application but that they didn't want it to be religious in any way, so we're changing it to a spring egg hunt or something like that. While we were at the museum, we watched the video about the battle at the castle. I'd seen it before, but Jackie's contact needed to be there to show it to people, so we watched it too. Then Kyeong He bought some cotton candy and while we were eating it Jackie told us a story about how she got some once and the guy cut his hand while he was making it and just bled into the spinning sugar.

I asked Kyeong He to come with us as a translator and offered her dinner. I made those plans before the card fiasco, but told her either she could pay for me and I'd pay her back, or that Dallas would make me dinner. I'm not sure she understood exactly and maybe thought I was blowing her off, but I wasn't. The two of us went shoe shopping for about 10-15 minutes and then she told me to go. That's why I thought she was mad at me. It turns out she wasn't.

So then I met Dallas who was waiting for me at the bus stop. We walked to his apartment, then I walked home to change and get Catan while he started dinner. He made me an omlette, salad, and soup. It was very good and I've decided I need a house husband and/or a cook because I eat good food when someone else makes it for me. A friend of his (Jayden) is in law school right now and we skyped with him for a bit while he was studying.

On Monday I started a Korean hip-hop aerobics taebo dance class thing with Krista. I will write more about this soon, but it's fun and we're planning to go 3 times a week. Monday was the first day and both of us had a good time even though I know I looked ridiculous. Then I went home and ate lunch and went to work. I have a long break on Mondays and Dallas came to get some of the money that I owed him from the weekend. Then he asked if I could go to dinner with him. I'm not sure of all the rules about when I can and can't leave, but I decided to go. We had a quick dinner of kimchi fried rice and kimbap, then got coffee.

On Tuesday I got up early again because Bible study started this week. My class was almost empty (me and 2 other women) because some of the teachers (like me) switched to public schools so now they don't go in the mornings and some of the other ladies switched to a class at someone's house on Wednesday nights. I hope that group comes back because I like having more people to discuss things with. But if it's just me, I'll still go. After that I went to emart to grocery shop. I haven't gone grocery shopping for over a month now and bought a lot of food. But that also meant that I made mushroom and asparagus pasta for dinner! On the bus home I got accidentally (I think) head butted in the boob by an old lady. I think she was trying to swipe her bus card, but she could have been telling me to move.

So, nothing too exciting for the beginning of the week, but also nothing disastrous!

No comments:

Post a Comment