Sunday, May 19, 2013

Busy week

My weeks always start out as fresh, with not much planned (that's not really true - I always have 3 days of dance class, Bible study, dinner with Dallas on Monday and usually at least one thing planned for the weekend, but otherwise...) and end up with things here or there. This week is more packed than usual.

On Monday I stayed late in dance class and did yoga/Pilates with the class. I did not have a dry inch on my body after that. Sweating from exercise is one of those times where you feel good and disgusting at the same time. Like you feel good about being disgusting. At work, my boss bought everyone (teachers included) hamburgers from Lotteria (Korean McDonalds). I'm not sure why - I think as a thank you for the wedding or something like that. Delivery men kept coming in at intervals with new bags of burgers. It was pretty funny. Then I met Dallas and we split a sandwich and had coffees at Holly's and chatted for awhile. That night I was supposed to talk to a friend, but he had to cancel because of work stuff, so I did laundry and updated the blog and made fried rice. Oh yea - I also used my rice cooker for the first time and found out that if it's plugged in, its on. I found that out when I came home from school and it was really hot still. Thank the Lord my apartment didn't catch on fire, but now I know.

On Tuesday I usually have Bible study, but I got a text in the morning that Jamie (pastor Brandon's wife) went into labor so it was cancelled. Hopefully I'll get to meet the baby soon, but the latest update is that everyone is healthy and doing well so far. I got my taxes done and Dallas came over to leave some shoes that he wanted to return instead of taking them to school. Why, I'm still not sure, but whatever.

Wednesday started off basically normal, dance class. Went to the post office to mail my taxes and send my sister a birthday card. It was Teachers' Day, but most students didn't really do anything. Some gave us candy and one little girl gave the 2 male teachers pens and the 3 girls barrettes. Woods and Ki-seong left for their honeymoon around 7:30, so I took over one of his classes. We're starting a women's fellowship meeting once a month on Wednesday nights. The idea is to meet with other ladies from church and talk to each other - get a better glimpse into their lives, hear their problems and have a safe place to air yours, ask for prayer requests etc. It's not a Bible study, but more of a way to connect to people in church outside of church because after the sermon it's usually pretty hectic and you don't really get to have "good" conversations. This Wednesday was our first meeting and we stayed at a coffee shop from 10-11:45. There was only a group pf four of us because a couple of people were sick and some already had plans, but more plan on coming to the next one. Then I had a Skype session with Josh, although it was only messaging not talking. Still it was nice to get to have a conversation with him instead of trading off text messages, which I'm glad we do, but still. He's going to help me update my resume and start looking for jobs, which makes me go into panic mode. I still have about 6 months left, but I know it will fly by since this first six months has.

On Thursday I had 2 extra classes because Woods was gone, so my day was pretty full. Luckily the students were really good for the most part, except one class who didn't do their homework. I got to leave a little early because there is only 1 class at the last time slot and I didn't have to teach it. So I went home and made a sandwich. Then I went over to the university area and met a group of people for drinks. I didn't stay long because I still needed to pack for the weekend and was planning on getting up early on Friday. It was nice getting to see these people though because I often don't get a chance to on the weekends because all of our schedules are busy.

Friday we had the day off, but the weekend will be in separate posts. I hope next week ends up being just as fun at this week was!


No comments:

Post a Comment