Monday, May 20, 2013

Strange Monday

Today started off fairly normal - I went to dance class, Krista was back from her shin splints, came home and had lunch. At school things started out ok too. Then Ki-seong came out of the back room carrying two Victoria Secret bags. She and Woods had gone to Hong Kong over the weekend for their honeymoon. She brought me and Lucy presents (I think because we worked one day while Woods wasn't there). I was actually nervous that they might have bought us underwear - apparently it's semi-normal to give stuff like that to your co-workers. But instead we each got blue sparkly make up bags. It was very sweet of them.

During one of my break times, Lucy started yelling at a student. The other teachers yell sometimes, so at first this wasn't strange. But then she really started yelling - like mad yelling. Woods actually left his class to see if everything was ok. I asked her about it later and one of the teenage boys in the class said some rude things to her - they weren't swears, but it wasn't nice either (she didn't tell me what he said). It was odd because she usually doesn't get upset like that, but I think it caught her off guard because most students in Korea are respectful of the teachers (especially the Korean teachers).

Then I went to dinner with Dallas. This isn't unusual except that his school had a surprise volleyball game today, so we went later than usual and he changed at my apartment before we went out and had to borrow one of my shirts. Then we had an ice cream cone after dinner too.

Then, after classes ended, we ate chocolate cake with chopsticks. I'm still not sure why we were eating the cake, but it was good, so I didn't care. Their was sort of a staff meeting going on too, but it was all in Korean, so I just sat there.

Currently it sounds like there is a party going on outside of my window in the street. It's just after 11, so it's fine for now, but hopefully they shut up soon. So that was my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment