Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sunny D (aka Sunday with Dallas)

Sunday was an almost perfect weekend day. I had slept really well on Saturday night and then I got up and met Dallas for Sunday brunch at the German place. We split a "New York Brunch" because they didn't have pancakes. Then we walked through a park-like path and met up with some people who had just finished running (5k, 10k and half marathon) who were on their way to lunch.

It was a beautiful day and there were lots of flowers all around. Dallas picked some and tried to put them in my hair, but they wouldn't really stay, so I just carried them. We walked for a long time then got coffee and Dallas walked me to church. It was a good sermon and then I stayed after for discussion group, which I really enjoy because it helps me focus on what we learned that day and also to connect to some of the other church members in way I don't usually get to do.
An arbor over some benches along the path. It was full of bees so Dallas ran away.
After church, they teased me about ditching them for dinner, but I had already told Dallas that I'd meet him and I was low on money. I walked to D's house and helped him rearrange furniture and throw out some old junk. After we cleaned up his place, we went to Corinne's apartment. She left for Canada that morning and I was setting up a house cleaning appointment for her the next day. She left some things for me and I switched out a duvet for one I had bought (Corinne took my old job, thus she had my old apartment). Then we went back to my apartment and dropped the stuff off.

After running those errands, we went to dinner at the Italian place near my house where I had lunch with Jayden. This time the male owner was there and he spoke a little bit of English. We ordered a chicken salad, which he said was "cajun" but I have no idea how he came up with that description, and a margarita pizza. Both were really good. Then they gave us a fruit plate free for dessert with oranges, grapes and strawberries.


After dinner we walked for a really long time by the river. It was a really nice night. Dallas had to go to the video store to get a movie for a class party the next day. Then we walked back toward our houses and got ice cream bars. While we were walking, we stopped at a playground and went on a see-saw. It was pretty fun, but at one point I came down wrong and rolled off the back. I didn't get hurt at all, but it was funny. Then I did hit the ground hard one other time and got a bruise on my butt! After the see-saw we went on a slide and the swings. It was really fun and we're planning on going back sometime. Maybe we'll even take pictures next time.

It was pretty late when I got home, but I caught up on facebook and some emails, then I went to bed. It was a really good day. Here are 2 extra pictures - the first is a picture I took after I got my haircut on Friday. The other is a picture someone sent the other day from the sea parting but I didn't feel like going back and adding it to that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment