Friday, May 3, 2013

Ouchie!

Monday morning I got up early to meet Kyeong He at Corinne's apartment to let the cleaner in. Then we walked to my dance class and she went to a sauna. The only other thing of interest on Monday was when I had my phonics class, we were talking about "my name is..." Two of the examples in the book were my siblings' names, which led to them asking me about my family. Then there was a picture of a teacher and they pointed and said that my family was in the book. So I said, "the teacher is me?" and they said no and then proceeded to explain that it was not me because my boobs are bigger by drawing a picture of me on the board and emphasizing them. Oh, then I had dinner with Dallas and some middle school girls took his picture, but they tried to pretend they weren't doing it, which made it funnier.

On Tuesday I went to Bible study and came home and took my Tuesday nap. I went to Dallas's house after work and watched "Despicable Me" because he didn't have to work on Wednesday because of a random holiday. Only some workers got the day off. Foreign public school teachers did, but Korean teachers didn't.
Spring flowers on my walk home from church
On Wednesday morning we got up and rode the bus to GNU to meet Emma and Johnny for volleyball practice. This upcoming weekend there is a tournament in Busan that Dallas wants us to play in. They played last year and did pretty well. He is very competitive and I have reservations about playing because I'm not super coordinated. So we practiced for over an hour and were about finished with a game of 2 on 2 when a ball went out of bounds. Dallas chased it, I yelled "bench" and then I saw him fall. At first I laughed because he sprawled over it, but then he didn't get up and I ran over. Apparently he slipped on a rock before the bench and twisted his ankle. When I got to him he said he couldn't feel his foot. We made him sit for a minute and he could feel it again and move it slightly, but couldn't put much weight on it at all. At that point I needed to start getting back to my side of town to get ready for work, so he leaned on me and we started walking to a spot where we could get a cab. Then, we alternated walk/lean with me giving him a piggyback ride across parts of campus until I got tired. Before we got the cab, we stopped off at the Bubble Tree tea place then decided he should go to a doctor, so I went with him to the ER and left when he was in X-ray. Apparently it wasn't broken, so they put him in a walking boot and some ace bandages. He hopes he can play on Saturday still, but we'll see. 
D's sad face and my in basically pjs
Piggyback ride. I requested that next time he injure himself to try and do it when I had semi-decent hair
I went to his house on Wednesday after work to make sure he was ok and to walk him to school on Thursday because he hadn't been down the hills on his crutches yet. We stopped off at Yummy House for coffee and all the ladies there made sad noises at him. Then I went to his first class with him, where I knew one of the students, and we watched part of a movie since he couldn't stand up for long.
Suit and boot. He was not happy that I took this picture but I think it's hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment