Thursday, June 30, 2011

Animal stories

Happy Birthday to my brother - I hope 30 doesn't suck for you like it did for me, although based on how the first day went, the year isn't starting off too great. Maybe these will cheer you up.

First off, this was the sign in my elevator all week. They are very polite about moving the trash cans, and they just want you to understand.


Then, I gave my "little kids" a homework assignment where they had to draw a picture of their favorite animal and either write a story or say why it was their favorite. Here are 10 of the stories (one kid was absent and 1 other didn't do it because he didn't want to).

This is probably my favorite because it's awesome. Also note how the antelope is wearing a suit jacket and bow between it's antlers. Because it's classy.

This was a good one too. Jacob is one of my best students and his stories are always fun to read.


Not just cats, small cats - This says: I like a cat becuase cat is very cute ad cat is small and they are ran is fast. And they are not big. I like cat because it is very small. And yes, her name is Eunice.


huh?

This is my second favorite one. Bill is my "Little Jeff". I love him, but want to strangle him, especially because he falls asleep in my class. But his cheetah has dog teeth so that's awesome.
Buffalo
Lastly, I went out tonight because I had to give money to a guy to pay for my spot on an upcoming trip (not to the DMZ or North Korea or anything, so relax). The plan was to go to the bar, give him the money and leave. It did not end up this way. I actually didn't really drink anything, but went out to dinner at a meat place, and then instead of getting dessert, we went to this place that looked a little like a hobbit house and had pajeon (pancake) with scallions and kimchi and this nasty rice wine that they serve in a bowl. Other people love the wine, me not so much - I can do like 4 sips. I will go back for the pancake though and take better pictures of the inside of the place. Here's the wine and the pajeon.
Veggies and rice wine (bleh). To me it tastes like bad white wine mixed with dishwater.

Pajeon. The burnt pieces along the edge are awesome - almost taste like burnt cheese even though there is no cheese. The bad part is that there were a few octopus pieces here are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment