Saturday, April 2, 2011

I'll take "meat" for $200, Alex

Tonight the church had a Jeopardy game. A guy named Johnnie created the questions and hosted. He's been in Korea for awhile and knows a lot of Koreans and foreigners. I would have played, but you had to pre-register and also have a Korean partner. It was actually pretty fun to watch though and there were 13 teams with a few other audience members.

After the game was over, a bunch of us went to dinner. We ended up at 2 tables because there were so many. I sat with 3 Koreans (the 2 girls who sing on the mikes at church and 1 other girl), a guy named Spencer, a guy named Jesse and Liezel. We had pork and a little marinated beef. This place also gave us lettuce salads with a very light vinegarette on it, sweet pickled onions (I ate them all), mushrooms, and cheese that was in little silver cupcake holders which you leave on the grill to melt. It was very good. I like that group of people as well because, like me, they are kind of in that gap group between church and bar people.

Cheese (in the cupcake liner), mushrooms and pork
Dinner (Spencer is on the left, Jesse is on the right)

Liezel and me
After meat eating, we went to a bar called "terrace bar". It might be called something else in Korean, but that's what foreigners call it. It has a huge patio that will be nice in summer. The inside is all couches and they moved them around to fit us. They served those little air puff things which Spencer called "beerios" (I am stealing that). We ordered a pitcher and they brough us this huge mug with a spout. It made me laugh. I left kind of early because I was tired. The nice part is that this place is about 3 blocks from my house.
 
Huijin (not sure if I spelled it right) pouring beer and "beerios"

1 comment:

  1. Jeopardy sounds fun. Were they general questions or questions about Korea? Are those huge white things on the grill mushrooms? They look gross. But the market looks fun and interesting.

    ReplyDelete