Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Random walks and dinners

After work on Monday I went to the grocery store to buy some bread and milk and ran into Liezle. She was waiting for a guy named Ali (not sure how to actually spell it, his full name is Alessandro) to go for a walk near the river. He has a very short work schedule and gets bored so he wants to do stuff. I'm glad I met up with them because I saw a place near me that I'd never seen before. We walked towards the river, but turned off before it and went on this foot path thing. Basically it's a path made of stones, logs, stone balls and wedges and other textures. You take your shoes off and walk on it in socks. Something about reflexology maybe. There is a big picture of feet near it, but it was dark and I couldn't get a good shot. I did take a bunch of pictures of the path though. The path itself is a big circle and the stones all have various shapes and patterns. Most look like animals. Here are some of the pictures.







After the foot path, we walked a bit further down another walking path and came upon a free gym. I know I've mentioned them before. It still strikes me as hilarious that gym equipment is on the side of the road. And it's all over the place. They have some really funny machines too. Here's a video of Ali and Liezle on the "swing".


After the gym, we went to have dinner. Liezle had already eaten and had to leave because she had a skype date with a friend from home. So Ali and I had meat at the same place we ate before. He knows one of the guys there, so he gets really good service. We had a different type of pork - marinated and from a different part of the pig. It was almost steak-like. It sounded like calmeggisal, but I have no idea what it's actually called. We also had pineapple Fantas, which are pure sugar. It was a good night - much better than the ham and cheese sandwich I was planning.
Pineapple Fanta and meat on a grill

No comments:

Post a Comment