Monday, April 25, 2011

Sunday Funday

I woke up at 6 again and made myself fall back asleep. I woke up again around 8:30 and realized sleep wasn't going to happen. So I made myself a little breakfast or yogurt and cereal and took my morning meds. Then I hopped on the bike and decided to try to find the lake again because I was told to try a different road. When I got to the intersection where I was supposed to turn, there were a bunch of policemen blocking off that road. So I decided to go down by the river and go the opposite direction. What I did not know, was that the tents that were set up on Saturday, were really for today. There was a marathon and a variety of other distance races. I rode my bike through the middle of some of it by accident because I didn't know where else to go and because I was following some other people. Luckily, I rode through before the actually start of the event, so it was just people warming up.

I rode down and found the actual musical fountain, then followed one path and ended up on the street, so I had some street pratice. I don't like it. Partly because I'm not aggressive enough and partly because people don't move out of the damn way. Luckily, I didn't hit anyone or fall over, so that was good. On my way back, I took a ramp earlier than usual to avoid the runners. I'm glad I did because there was no way I would have gotten through that mob! I saw the start of something and taped part of it - what you see is only about half of the people there! I started taping after the real starting gun through which was small firecrackers. Here's the video of the start:


I went home and started cleaning for my mom's visit. Then I went to church for Easter service. After church, I came home and took a little nap. Then I met up with a group of about 7-8 people at the movie theater downtown (Lotte cinema) to watch Fast Five (the 5th in the Fast and the Furious series). Apparently it actually opened in Korea before the States. It was in English with Korean subtitles. It was decent - a lot was somewhat cheesy, but it had Paul Walker in it and that was enough for me (all the other boys were icing on the cake). After the movie, 6 of us went to dinner. It was a fun evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment