Saturday, April 2, 2011

Market, drinks, and meat

Someone told me I haven't posted pictures lately, so I brought my camera on Friday and tried to take some pictures. This first set is from the window in the teachers' room at my school. The farmer's market is on Fridays (I've mentioned this before) and is outside our school (on the back half). Sometimes when the windows are open, and if certain people are below us, there is an awful fish smell. Most of the time it's ok. I also bought flowers at the market on my way home from work. The bouquet was $3. It's in a plastic cup on my coffee table.
Beans, grains, and spices
 
Sea cucumbers

Veggies


That evening I went to Liezel's apartment. She lives about a 15-20 walk or 5 minute bus ride from me. Her apartment is more traditionally Korean than mine. She has a very cool door, which I will take a picture of at some point. She has 2 small bedrooms and a kitchen with a normal fridge. It's a nice place, but is kind of old. We drank some soju (mixed with vitamin water for me, because I had to stay "energized") and then left to meet people at Urban Drink. We actually knew how to get there on the bus, so we took the bus from her apartment, which is about a 30 minute ride (much shorter in a cab, but we don't know how to tell the driver where to go). We met a group of about 10 or so people and had a good time. We split a bottle of vodka and some beers. I didn't drink nearly as much as other people - some were hurting this morning. The bar closed at 3 and we left. One of the guys - Ally (he's from Scotland) - sort of hijacked me and Liezel and we ended up at a resturant where he knows one of the waiters. So we had meat at 3:30. They also have the really good sauce and they give you a bowl with a ginger sauce thing in it and you put onions in it and then eat the onions and they are really good.

Meat
We also had this drink which sounds like muckli (a combo of mucklucks and museli) to me. It is rice wine and you drink it out of bowls. It tasted like dishwater - lemon soapy and kind of nasty. It also looked gross although this picture is a bit out of focus. The meat was good though!
It looks like watered down milk and tastes like dishwater

No comments:

Post a Comment