Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bean sprouts

I went to dinner tonight with Claire. We don't leave work until right around 10, so a lot of places are closed. We ended up at a bbq (beef and leaf) place. We got a menu without any English and without any pictures, so we really had no idea what we were getting. Luckily we ended up with pork slices. The bad part was that the table next to us had the same meat we did, but also had some good looking veegies - squash, mushrooms etc. But we were fine with all out stuff. This place gives a spicy chili type sauce and it's pretty good. They also serve sesame leaves alongside lettuce leaves. I don't really care for the sesame leaves - they are slightly fuzzy and have a bitter taste to me. They also had a kimchi soup which was ok, but I prefer the black bean soup.
Salad ,sauce, pork
This place serves 2 types of bean sprouts - regular and "kimchi" sprouts. Kimchi really means fermented, but usually refers to the cabbage (which I discovered I like better when cooked on the grilled, but it still isn't my fav). I liked both kinds of sprouts.

Regular on left, kimchi on right
 The best part (or funniest part) of the night was on our walk home. This younger girl (maybe late teens) (in acid washed jeans btw) was running past us trying to get somewhere. As she passed us, she stopped, bowed to each of us individually, then turned and kept running. It was very bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment