Monday, February 28, 2011

Soju cocktails

Last night a whole bunch of people met up at a bar for a going away party for 2 people. I got there early with a few others which was good because it ended up quite crowded. One good thing about this particular bar is their variety of soju cocktails. Soju is a rice alcohol, tastes sort of like cheap vodka, and is a Korean staple. Most Koreans get a bottle of this and do shots at dinner, along with whatever beer they're drinking. This bar mixes pitchers of slushies with soju - kind of like flavored frozen magaritas, but with soju not tequila (so even better for me!). We had lots of pitchers last night, and I tried 3 flavors: strawberry, kiwi and pommegranite (all good, all tasted like jolly ranchers). I forgot my camera, so I didn't take any pictures, but it was a cute bar with a wooden front porch that will be nice in the summer. So, here's a picture about the legend of a specific brand of soju from the resturant Jeff and I had lunch in in Daegu.

No comments:

Post a Comment