Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Home Sweet Apartment

I slept fairly well, but not 24 hrs like some other people apparently do. This is what my apartment looks like: No oven, no dryer, no dresser.

From the window

From the front door

Kitchen
 This is what my shower looks like:
The toilet is in the room too, behind the wall, but it looks the same as any other toilet. I have to push a button to get hot water, but it does get pretty hot. The first shower was a bit of an experience, but it’s not that bad.

I read a bunch that day because I was kind of nervous to leave the house and get lost – you all know my sense of direction. The directors picked me up around 2pm and walked me to the school – it’s a 5-10 minute walk. They gave me my books and class schedule and went over the basics of what I need to do. They provide a syllabus, but I do the daily lesson plans and decide on homework. The school is apparently known for their homework! So I brought home the books for Monday’s classes and started going over the material and preparing.

I also met Claire today. She is the other English teacher at the W school. She is from England. Her contract runs out in about 3 months and she might extend it. She also spent 7 months touring South America, so she is pretty adventurous. She said it’s really easy to live here – people don’t expect you to know Korean and are very helpful. She and I talked about random stuff – how to meet people, school things etc. for a few hours. I didn’t want to stay too much longer because she had just gotten back from the Philippines for New Year’s break. She seems super nice and is going to introduce me around soon.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a microwave? Are you going to get a TV or just use the internet? I can't imagine you without TV. Thanks so much for posting all this. I like to hear the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's already a TV here. My cable's not hooked up yet, but I am going to get it. There are like 4 English channels.

    ReplyDelete