Monday, February 14, 2011

For my Mother

I didn't really do much on Sunday expect watch movies and sleep. I think the jet lag etc. (not to mention the first time I've been to a dance club in years) caught up with me. I feel fine; I was just tired. Today is Valentine's Day. Koreans do celebrate it, but traditionally girls give candy or chocolate to boys. Boys return the gesture (suggestion is three-fold) on March 14th and that's called White Day. The April 14th is when singles celebrate being single, and that's called Black Day. I didn't buy my bosses anything though, because I wasn't sure if it would be like in the US and taken as a friendly gesture, or if it could be misinterpreted as a come on, so I played it safe. A couple of the students gave the teachers candy. One girl made us all treats. It was kind of like slightly sweetened bakers chocolate, with sweet chex mix on top. It looked like this:


So my mom was asking where all the vegetables were. I've had some, mainly as side dishes or in something else. Tonight I went to the grocery store and found some cut up veggies and lettuce and made a salad (thus the title of the post). I'm pretty sure the pink things are some kind of crab/fish/seafood, but they didn't smell and they didn't taste like anything so I kept them in. The brown things are either bacon or ground beef (or something that tastes like ground beef but not really the texture of it). The best part was that the box it came in said, "Feel Good Eating. Food for Fun" on the side. The long green things are hopefully cucumbers, but we'll find that out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment