Sunday, February 27, 2011

Korean lessons

So to try and meet new people and to attempt to figure out what's going on around me, I went to church tonight for a free Korean lesson. I thought this would be simple type things - directions, food, the alphabet etc. Nope. Well, maybe that's what it was 10 weeks ago when they started. Now they're saying sentences and learning the past tense of verbs etc. The people were nice, but basically I sat there for over an hour staring at the dry erase board. Two of the students were husband and wife who are the pastors (well the English pastors) at the church. They have an English service earlier in the afternoon which I didn't attend (although I might start going there to meet people instead). The other American guy was interesting - he really seemed to want to learn Korean and studied a lot. I'm not sure if I will go back or not because at this point it seems like kind of a waste of time since i don't understand anything that is going on, nor can I pronouce the letters or syllables yet. So we'll see. At least I tried right?

2 comments:

  1. Ok, not sure my comment from last night posted so I'm gonna try again - I'm proud of you Ryan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learn to read first - then you can at least read street signs and know where you are going. Reading is easy.

    ReplyDelete