Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Go Tell It On the Mountain

This moring I met Claire around 11 and we climbed up a "mountain" on one side of Jinju. It's more of a really big hill. Hiking is aparently a pretty common thing to do in Korea and there were quite a few people walking as well. On the sides of the trails (sometimes it's paved, other times dirt) were farm areas and graves. The graves are really big mounds, usually with some kind of gravestone in front. I didn't take any pictures of the graves this time, but I will try and remember next time. At the top of the first big hill there is a temple. I don't know what it's for, but here are some pictures of it:





When you go up to almost the top, there is a flat area with a badminton court and a building of some sort. There is also an outdoor gym. When Claire first said gym, I thought she meant like a jungle gym because I saw bright blue and a little kid. But nope, it's actual gym equipment. The lady in the pink and the man with the mask are on eliptical machines (not powered) and the man to the far right is doing bench presses.


This is Jinju from the mountain on the "left" side of town. I say left because that's where it is in Ryan directions. I have no idea what direction this actually is. My apartment is way over to the right, almost behind where I was standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment