Thursday, March 31, 2011

And now it's time for...

Another installment of "what kids wrote in their essays" (or something funnier and wittier):

A mosquito says, “wheeze wheeze” and eats blood. I don’t like bees because a bee’s horn is very sick

I don’t like mosquitoes because it eats with our skin so it tickles so I don’t like it.

A bee bites people and makes them itch but a mosquito is petulance.

I like naps. It is a sweet time for me. (Me too kid, me too)

I like to sleep in bed and on my mom’s tummy. I like to dream about muffins, cars and a pencil case.

Before I was best friends with Yeorim, I didn’t think she was very smart. She is very pretty and thin, sometimes wears make-up and always dresses in beautiful clothes. Then I saw her grade sheet and she was 8th in the school. On the other hand, I thought my friend Gyeongeun was smart. She always reads books, isn’t so thin, not so pretty and wears glasses and doesn’t use an MP3 player. But she is at the bottom of our class. Just because someone is good looking doesn’t mean they’re dumb and if someone is bad looking it doesn’t mean they are a genius. (Side note - there were about a dozen similar essays about how ugly people with glasses look smart)

Swimming is hard so we practice by wearing water glasses

Title of essay: I hate sports except soccer.  I hate dodgeball, handball, jumping rope and swimming. Because I always beaten by a ball. And hand ball I was hitted by a ball my head. “Head shot!” my friend says so I hate hand ball. I hate swimming too because I can’t do it. I worried of drowning. I hate jumping rope too. It’s so hard and I always fall down.  (PS - "head shot" made me laugh for about 5 minutes - my stomach hurt from that one).

1 comment:

  1. These are hysterical- keep sharing! In the US its been proven that pretty people are thought of as smarter. Funny that it is the opposite there.

    ReplyDelete