Monday, March 14, 2011

I'm Korean

I got my alien card today, so I officially a temporary Korean resident. It looks awful - like a green drivers license with an awful picture that's also blurry. I still don't have my passport thoough. The office sends it back seperately for some reason. So now I get to open up a bank account - yippee.

I also paid a bill yesterday. Most bills (water/rent/heat etc.) get taped to your door like ads. So unless it has pictures of food on it, I bring papers to my boss to ask what they are. This is the first time it's a bill I had to pay. Basically I walked downstairs, opened the office door and handed this lady some money and my bill. She stamped it and gave it back to me. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Hopefully any other bills will be that easy to pay.

I also have to do student evaluations. I don't like doing them. Partly because there are a bunch of damn kids. Mainly because I don't like writing bad stuff about people, even the annoying ones, and it feels repetative. I have to give my opinions on their abilities and attitudes. I wish I could just write, good kid/bad kid for them all and be done with it. Plus, we just got a bunch of new kids 2 weeks ago, some of whom I can barely remember, much less write about their abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment