Monday, March 28, 2011

Lights

I was feeling yucky on Sunday (I think I caught my boss's cold), so I stayed at home. I was crazy dehydrated and drank a 2 liter of water plus some juice. I also watched the last 4 episodes of Friday Night Lights. If I haven't already said it, this is a really good series. It's 5 seasons and I think Netflixhas the first 3 or 4. I've watched all of the episodes online since I've been here. If you're looking for a new show, I highly reccomend this one, although back off, Matt Saracen is my boyfriend.

On a semi-related subject (only because of the word light), I know that I mentioned how traffic lights are more of a suggestion here than a requirement. I've also noticed another odd thing, although it actually makes some sense. At night, when stopped at a light, cars turn off their regular lights and put their parking lights on. This is apparently so as not to blind the drivers coming towards them (that's the part that makes sense). The problem with this, is that sometimes, when the light turns green, they forget to turn their lights back on. So there are quite often cars driving around with just their parking lights on, which isn't good when walking around narrow streets. I've almost been hit more than once. Luckily I have cat-like reflexes and have avoided collisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment