Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday's Gone

This morning I went walking with a new girl named Liezle (like the girl from Sound of Music, although Koreans can't say it and end up calling her weasel) from South Africa. We met 2 weekends ago and have had coffee once. We're both new and looking to meet people, so we decided to try and do stuff to see Jinju etc. She's really nice, but I feel like I'm a grandma when we hang out because she just turned 21. Today we decided to walk down to the river and walk beside it because neither of us had done it yet. When my alarm went off, I did not want to get up. I was tired from my trip to/from Jeff's house. But I got up and met her downstairs. It was very cold today and that sucked, but the walk itself was nice. Here's a view of the river.
River, past Toms n Toms
It actually looked a bit nicer than that, and I think it will be very nice when the grass etc. turns green. There were a bunch of people there. Some were using the gym equipment, many people were walking or riding bikes and a lot of people were playing some weird version of golf or croquet.
River golf?
They have clubs that look like drivers, colored balls the size of a baseball and these metal cages under flags. There is also a plastic tee set up. From tee to flag is no more than 50 yards. I didn't stop to watch to really figure out what they were doing, but it looked like a weird version of mini golf but with bigger balls.

We made plans for Thursday to ride a bus and see where we end up. The idea is to find the correct bus to Homeplus and then get home.

Lastly, here's a picture for mom - see I eat salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment