Saturday, March 26, 2011

Baby Shower & Skype party

I went to a baby shower Saturday afternoon for the pastor's wife. It was an "American" baby shower and some Korean came. I was supposed to go with a girl who lives in my building, but she got sick and went to the doctors, so I went by myself. I don't remember if I told you that I got a bus pass, so umm...I got a bus pass. It's like a keychain and you can add money to it at any convienence store. The party was nice - once again I was kind of in the middle between old people and young Koreans. But it was good to meet some new people. They don't do baby showers in Korea, the big party for Koreans is a kid's 1st birthday. A friend of mine actually was invited to a first birthday party and she said that there was a huge buffet, and the big "event" is when they have the baby choose and item off the table - money, a stethoscope, and a few other objects are laid out. What they choose is supposed to determine their future - apparently this kid will be a doctor. They also had some door prizes and Liezle won one, but wasn't sure what to do, and the prize ended up being olive oil and 3 tins of canned ham.

Later, I played various games of Catan with Jeff and also had 2 skype parties - 1 conference call with mom and Jeff talking about her trip here, and a second conferece with the Roll and Jeff. We also played Catan during said conference call. It was fun - I haven't talked with both of my siblings at the same time since maybe Christmas. The rat bastards formed an alliance against me. I forget sometimes how much I like them. Now I am tired - I wasn't planning on playing game until 3 am, but it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment